Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

shock selection

pizza3260

Corvette
73 350 coupe
what would be the best gas shock front /rear for my 73 coupe 350

I have had a set of KYBs for 3 years. I have had a lot of compliments on the ride and I'm satisfied as well. There is probably more information, and much more debate, about this topic on past threads. You may want to do a site search.

I have a '78 and I just rebuilt the suspension with new polyurethane bushings and a set of KYB shocks. It feels like a whole new car! For thirty-bones a corner I don't think you can beat 'em. Saved me enough money that I don't feel too bad about ordering a composite rear spring, heavier front springs and a sway bar kit!

Bilstein for me, love them they handle great around the corners, a little rough on some of the street where i live but if you want hadling they're great.

I just installed a set of RCSI adjustable shocks . I like the fact that I can adjust the ride from a normal ride to a stiff ride the car handles well and holds the road. Best ive had yet , but it comes down to preference.

Several years ago, I ran an adjustable Gabriel E-type Strider that was great for gymkana's, rallys and the street - - the cylinder was significantly wider than the standard shocks but I don't think they're made any longer.
But my vote are the adjustables, for greatest flexibility.
CQRT in AZ

KYB GR-2 Gas Shocks

I use KYB GR-2 gas shocks on every vehicle I can.

KYB gas shocks come with a lifetime warranty and provide a good consistent ride. I have installed them on 3/4 ton vans, light trucks, VW bugs, the 78 Vette. Been using them for the past 25 years without a single problem, leak or replacement needed.

Most KYB shocks are made in Japan with a few coming from Mexico. Either way, they perform great and are a fantastic bargain ... about $30 per shock.

You can spend more $$$ for other shocks but with KYBs available at almost any auto store, there is really no reason to waste money unless you really want to. With the KYB GR-2's, the Vette rides firm but not harsh, corners and handles well. Every alignment guy I know uses KYB's on their vehicles.

Try the KYB GR-2's. You'll be very happy you did.

Roy in Sunny Portland, Oregon

shocks

thanks to all,i will go with the kyb gas a just shocks.

tom b.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom