Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: shocks

billd

Corvette
2001 red convertible, 1985 wht
HI Everyone,

I have a 2003 50th anniversary with the magnetic ride control for the shocks. They are blown out :happyanim: and I want to replace them. I have absolutely NO interest in putting $2500 into shocks. What solutions has everyone found on replacing shocks and getting rid of the trouble code that will inevitably show up when the plug is pulled on the existing shocks?

Thanks,
Bill

Mid America and others used to sell a kit to use when replacing with non-oem shocks that would eliminate the thrown code. Don't know if they still do.

according to the website

Mid America and others used to sell a kit to use when replacing with non-oem shocks that would eliminate the thrown code. Don't know if they still do.

When I looked at their system they said it wouldn't work on the 2003 or 2004 in their comments. Would it be awesome if they wouldnt make a $1500 option that costs $2500 to repair?

I "know" there is a "work around" for the issue, but I can't remember what it is for the life of me. Try going to CorvetteMechanic and ask Paul. I assume he would know.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom