Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Should Chevrolet go for a hypercar?

ChildishEgg

I thought id put this here because the C8 is the latest generation as of 2/11/21
Do you think Chevrolet should make a corvette hypercar?
With every new corvette that comes out the designs look wilder and wilder, and for a car to have a wild design, it must be faster!
The c8 in my opinion is already a super car in my book, But I think if they really wanted to and tried they could make a hypercar. Imagine a corvette hyper car. The car that would bring american supercars out of the forgotten darkness (besides the SSC Tuatara). Chevrolet could possibly do american cars some justice if they want too!

What do you think? Should Chevrolet make a hyper car, or should they tone it down and keep corvettes as super and sports cars.

I definitely don't think a hypercar could hurt the marque and only help it.

The Corvette has always been GM's platform to showcase new technology - technology that eventually trickles down to other platform within the GM family.

Based upon what we've heard, a Corvette hypercar is definitely coming down the pipeline - it's just a matter of when. This also isn't surprising since GM wants to roll out 35 new EVs by 2025.

While I'm not overly thrilled about the whole EV thing (I happen to enjoy internal combustion engines), I am anxious to see what GM Design can do for the Corvette since a Corvette EV won't have an engine taking up space. That leaves room for GM Designers to really play around with the overall lines and shape of the Corvette.

Time will tell.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom