Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Should the C8 Corvette Come With a Manual Transmission as an Option?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
With the increasing popularity of dual-clutch transmissions and paddle shifters, manual transmissions are becoming more and more scarce. There’s no way a human being can possibly shift as fast as one of today’s automatic transmissions and automotive manufacturers are using these slush boxes to achieve their best performance numbers. Is the final nail hanging over the manual transmission’s coffin?

Head over to the Corvette Action Center's homepage for the full article and Poll!

[h=1][POLL] Should the C8 Corvette Come With a Manual Transmission as an Option?[/h]

Two out of three cars in my garage are stick-shift and I really enjoy driving them.
Both are rare now. If I were to buy a new Corvette (ZO6) it will definitely be automatic.
Therefore, I think, the mid-engine C8 ought to forgo manual transmission installations.

Hell yes it should still have a manual transmission as an option.

I look at automatics to be very beneficial to old people with bad knees ,hips and backs .I don't see a lot of Corvette owners below the age on 45 .I know there is more to it than just ability to drive manual but at age 70 I prefer to control my destiny .;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom