Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show? Go? Both? or No?

Does Your C5 See Car Shows and/or Race Track? (drive optional)

• Show - I show my car

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Go - My car has track time

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Both - Show and Track

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • No - Neither show nor track time

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

s'noJob

Corvette
2004 Arctic White Coupe
Whether or not you drive your 'Vette, do you take your car to car shows? How about to the race track? Do you do both? Maybe you neither show nor track your Corvette.

Since I bought my C5 last November I've had it in nine car shows and have been to the track twice. I acquired this car to truly get the Corvette experience. Someday I hope to take it to the drag strip or autocross. Anyway, I suspect the numbers of enthusiasts who have done both shown and tracked their cars will be small.

Do you show and or race your Corvette?

s'noJob

Shows

I take mine to weekend gatherings (sort of a show and shine deal) if that counts as shows ;shrug. I've never had it at the track, but it has done some spirited driving.:upthumbs

Dennis

Not a C5, I know, but my C6 has been to the drag strip 5 or 6 times, plus 2 car shows. I'll be hitting a couple autocross events next year, plus at least one show, not to mention regular trips to the 1/4 mile.

IMG_0007R.jpg

:thumb Jason

Both the C5 and the C6 are entered into shows every season, but we also drive them a lot.

Elaine

Not a C5, I know, but my C6 has been to the drag strip 5 or 6 times, plus 2 car shows. I'll be hitting a couple autocross events next year, plus at least one show, not to mention regular trips to the 1/4 mile.

Jason-

What kind of times do you run?

Jim

Show'n'Go

Here's me on the Go:
track.jpg

And me at the Show:
show1.jpg

My best so far is 12.99@115mph. I met a guy who also had an '08 C6, but his was an auto. He was running 12.5x@114ish.

Thar is about what I would have guessed. My C5 Z06 has run 12.42 at 113.XX with drag radials and a density altitude of about 6000 ft. You would likely run about the same with stickier tires.

Nice runs! :m

Thar is about what I would have guessed. My C5 Z06 has run 12.42 at 113.XX with drag radials and a density altitude of about 6000 ft. You would likely run about the same with stickier tires.

Nice runs! :m

I need to learn how to launch. My 60' times are horrible. :ugh Next season I'm hoping to make mid-12's.

I need to learn how to launch. My 60' times are horrible. :ugh Next season I'm hoping to make mid-12's.

Wheelspin is slow. The trap speed tells me that you have good horsepower. But highway tire may be your limiting factor. Drag radial would be worth at least 0.3 - 0.4 seconds.

Garage Queen

No shows - just can't sit all day waiting to win a plastic trophy. An occassional run at
the drags (low 12's). Some high speed touring but mostly kept clean in the garage.
Remo:cool

2209786100103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

2001 Lingenfelter Convertible. T-One Suspension, Bilstien Sport Shocks, Kooks Headers,
Highflow cats & X-Pipe. 457 RWHP, 404 RWTQ.

The only way I have it in a show is to support our region of SCCA. There is just something about driving around nowhere to get in a good mood.

I voted both...but not for both cars.

The '78 PC is for show...although with the new setup it would be a blast to take it to the strip to see what she would do.

The Z I have shown and have had it on the strip a couple of times.

I mostly like crusing. Pop the T-Tops on the '78, or rolling down the windows on the Z, and running down the OBX is a blast:cool.

:w
HD

I usually drive one of two Vettes or a 55 Chevy so everywhere I go it usually ends up being a "Car Show". Someone is lookin at or asking questions about the car. Does that count??

Actually, every Saturday we have the largest and longest continuous car show in North American which is held at the Scottsdale Pavilions in Arizona next to the "Rock and Roll" McDonalds. It usually draws 400-500 classic, rare, special interest, overpriced cars and motorcycles every Saturday. Because of the mild weather we are not impacted by "unfavorable conditions". When I did not have much of a life I was at the "show" every Saturday but now that I have a life I stop by only once a month or so. About thirty Vettes show up every Saturday. The owner of the McDonalds is a big Corvette fan so he has designated an entire row of parking to just Vettes. Other vehicles such as my Tri-Five Chevy buddies, have to battle for parking spaces and when the weather is good some of those folks get there around 2:00 in the afternoon to get their spot for a show that gets under way around 5:00p.m. We have several ZR-1's and a couple of ZR1's that show up. Many of the people who come to this show have a few bucks so we get to see some high end cars on a regular basis. If you're planning a trip to the Phoenix Scottsdale area plan on attending this show.

My 2004 is a daily driver. I keep it clean and well-maintained. I'm not into shows or racing.:thumb

My 2004 is a daily driver. I keep it clean and well-maintained. I'm not into shows or racing.:thumb

When I started this thread I neglected to mention that my 2004 is a daily driver. I also keep it clean and well-maintained, and I enjoy other avenues (pun intended) of enjoyment.

s'noJob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom