Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

side exhaust on a '75

kridgley

Corvette
1975 Corvette, White T-Top
Is it possible to install the sweet looking and sounding exhaust on the 75 stingray (with two converters)??
If you all have any ideas or input, please post .... thnx

yes, check with copdogcorvette,he just did it on his 79. i have the j.c.whitney sidepipes on my 74.
if you still have stock manifolds,then the connection will be easy.

Robin

I send you a reply to the Email you sent. With 74's side pipes he may have had ehough room to install the cats, but on mine there was no place to put them.

Gary

my 74 doesn't have cats. last year without them. the long headers were a real tricky bit of bending and welding.

Robin

Acutally, you need to go to the emissions test place and have them pull out the book for you. My 1976 vette came with catalytic convertors, so they said I definently need them to take the test. I am in Illinois. BUT, in the book, it shows that 1979 and later vette need the catalytic convetors, and prior did not need them. Also, you might wanna consider registering your car as an antique. You will not need to take emissions tests anymore, and you can get antique plates that are good for 5 years. I drive my vette everywhere, and the cops don't bother me one bit

thanks guys ... you all have helped, i found some chambered exhaust that I am going to with, because the darn emissions...

I agree with the other guys. Check with your DMV. Most states now if the car is considered an antique (25 years or older) it is automatically exempt from emissions tests. Now, while it's exempt, technically you can't remove the cats because that's considered a modification. However, most places let that go because of the classic car status.

I have the full Hooker Header/Sidepipe setup on my '76 (that means no cats!)and I live in New York City. No problems at the inspection station.
c3vr_sig_35v2.jpg

Same with my 76 in Virginia, except that Virginia has "restricted" driving for antique cars, so if you go that route you can't use it as a daily.

I have a '78. I would be interested in doing that. I think they look much cooler than stock pipes. If you have any advice you can contact me off line at mwalter@hbci.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom