Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Side Mount Pipes.... What about the A**?

• Thread starter Thread starter andrewmckernon
  • Start date Start date
A

andrewmckernon

I want in the market for Hooker Headers and Sidemount Pipes and got to thinking what I'm gonna do with the rear bumper. I'm gonna have two roaring sidepipes and two half-circle wholes in the rear of my car.

I saw a picture on CAC earlier of a 69 or so that had sidepipes but left the tips of his exuast pipes hanging in the back holes. I don't know what to do with the area that used to be my exhuast. Can anyone help...

Secondly, and not related at all: does anyone know of a shop around DFW that does great engine work?

Andrew

I have a 69 with Side Pipes recently fitted. There are no holes in the back of my car and no work needed. I think the rear mounted exhaust on the 69 went underneath the body, not through it. Not very helpful to you I know. I understand that the holes have to be patched (it is fibre glass).

what i did was remove the rear panel and made extensions where the old exhaust holes were and paint it.Like bob said vancors makes a filler panel that might work for you.

We used the filler pieces, either from Ecklers or maybe MidAmerica. Here are pics of b4 paint and after.

00000415.jpg

00000427.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom