Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

side pipe ideas

vetteKID

Corvette
74 L-48 coupe & 85 454 coupe
when i bought my stingray it had side pipe skirts on, but a full rear exit exhuast. the problem is my rear exit exhuast SUCKS! it rattles and clangs, just over all annoying. i was thinking i want some side pipes. HOWEVER, i dont have 800 bucks for those baffled system. my question is are there any alteratives? like using a dynomax ultra flow bullet, or something? anybody have any ideas? remember im 20 years old so too loud isnt possible.

I think there's a couple things you could do. This is one possibility. The other may be to have a muffler shop custom bend some pipe for you to go under the sidepipe skirts. Or better yet get some 4" Hooker sidepipes :D

i was planing on having a local place bend me some pipes, and i will give them mufflers or what ever. i did some exploring on that site and see that those systems are 3" to 4", dont think that would fit in my side pipe skirts. what was the stock side pipe diameter(71,72)? i was going to use 2.5"

You could always get a set of the factory type sidepipes, a friend of mine has a 69 with them and they sound real nice. Since you already have the skirts you're half way there. Here's a link to a bunch of vendors if you don't have a ton of catalogs handy Vendors

i think i found what im going to do. in summit in the hardcore racing parts second of exhuast. there are these inserts that are sopposed to go into your header collectors to in esence be a muffler. they have them in a 2 1/2" size. so i gonna get these have a shop custom bend some pipes and weld those suckers in there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom