Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Side vent screens on C6 Vettes

K

kjmcnally

Has anyone had any luck having stainless steel mesh screens installed on the side vents of their C6 with them staying on permanently without coming loose? I have tried twice now and both times they come loose after a short while--once by a GM dealer and then by a manufacturer of the screens. They both used some kind of industrial two-sided tape which is suppose to hold the screens in place but it doesn't seem to work. If anyone has had these screens installed successfully, please let me know how and where it was done--I'm in west central Florida.

Thanks, Ken McNally

Mine are the GM accessory and were installed by my dealer. They were fine until I sprayed one with a high pressure sprayer. The technician had to reinstall the one side. So far they are good. Dealer was Jon Hall in Daytona.

I used the RaceMesh screens and was not happy with the way I installed them at first as they didn't sit as flush as I wanted them. Then I saw this post on Corvette Forum and reinstalled them this way. Check out Post #15 to see the pics and procedure. Mine have been on now for about a few months and are holding up great. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1935435&highlight=install+cove+side+screen

DSCN2077.jpg

Hmm?

Seems like a little Super Glue or Magic Putty ought to do the trick.;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom