Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sidepipes

C

crebo

Pretty sure you guys have seen this topic before.

Anyway I'm looking at investing in sidepipes. Trying to get the pros and cons. I know that I like the look. I'm concerned about the sound, heat, maint., and the different brands on the market. I really like the look of the hooker but I'm sure there others out there.

If not sidepipes! Which brand headers would you guys opt for? I'm not quite sold on the sidepipes so I want to have all my ducks in a row before I start spending the money.

Thanks guys!

wrapped Shortie headers, 2 1/2" stock style side pipes, fiberglass covers or metal. :D

Haven’t had any heat issues (i.e.-burnt legs), Love the sound. I think one of the best set ups. The Hooker style, if mufflered, sound nice, but un-mufflered sound LOUD, very Loud and you have the heat issue. Its a personal thing, some people swear by them (I love mine) others think full exhaust is the way to go. But side pipes in general....yes please. I don't remember who it was on here, But they had a set of hookers with a metal guard from a cobra fab company. They looked GREAT, the best I have ever seen.

Pretty sure you guys have seen this topic before.

Anyway I'm looking at investing in sidepipes. Trying to get the pros and cons. I know that I like the look. I'm concerned about the sound, heat, maint., and the different brands on the market. I really like the look of the hooker but I'm sure there others out there.

If not sidepipes! Which brand headers would you guys opt for? I'm not quite sold on the sidepipes so I want to have all my ducks in a row before I start spending the money.

Thanks guys!

I love my 69 style pipes. They are loud- but this is the second Vette with side pipes that I've owned. I love the spit, snarl, and growl.

I went with OEM because I could repaint the covers as needed. I purchased the pipes off Ebay for $375 and the covers for $299 from Mid America.

DSCF0255.jpg

You guys have some nice looking cars. Do you guys have any links for the products? I am a frequent ebay shopper so I can navigate there fairly easily.
The only issue that I may have (shouldn't) is that I have a big block in my 77 I'd imagine that shouldn't be hard to find the correct fit.

Chris

vetteKID
I finally got a chance to see your you tube video. Again nice car sounds great. I also check out the ebay offer.

DarkShark
--Car is awesome. I do like the pipes.

petes74ttop
Thanks for linkinf me to that website. Those shields are nice. I saw them once before I didn't know anything about them....

I have figure something out soon. I've been saving the money and it is burning my pocket.

Thanks again and the more pictures the merrier.

Chris

Duke, those pipes rock. I look at yours and wish I would of done that. Burn your leg yet?

I've got Hooker sidepipes and STS baffles on my '69. My first attempt at a video so it's not a really good one, but it'll give you an idea about the sound of the combination. And, yes, I have burned my leg, one time. had a brain meltdown and forgot.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom