Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Signs of Winter

Corvette
1985 Coupe /1977 L82 Coupe / 1971 Red Coupe
What would we do without the winter projects?
This is just a freshening up and going over.
New hoses , belts, water pump, fuel pump, valves lapped,valve seals, new gaskets, and everything in between. If not for winter months, would we ever take the time to stop driving them long enough to do some of this. I know I wouldn't.

1971CorvetteEngine002.jpg

Winter blues...

As long as there is no snow on the ground the only winter project I have is 2 drive the hell out of this shark..........They say that big blocks love cold weather .....Well mind is finding out just how much....Jerrylee///

I sometimes wish i got a winter down here so i could get to some bigger projects that need to be done.Its been so crazy warm this year that the poor hardtop might not even get put on.

My interior is completely out, and the windshield removed.

I was able to get a "donor" dash wiring harness for $25. I used butt connectors (the heat shrink type) to repair the harness - which consisted almost 100% of missing dash light sockets. I crimped the connectors before applying the heat. Man, I hope this works out. It would be a savings of a few hundred bucks.

I will be reinstalling the new dash this week. Next, I am purchasing the windshield, temperature control reface kit, and new quartz movement clock. I believe Corvette Central offers precut dash bezels that accept modern audio systems. If so, I'll put my gauges and the new clock, and new stereo in that bezel.

Hopefully I will be able to dedicate some additional time to keep this project moving forward.

:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom