Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

silly questions?

nut4crew

Hi,
I posted before about my headlights not coming up all the way on my '76 when I turn my lights on. I can see the logic in bad seals or a leak, but this didn't happen until immediately after I had my ignition switch replaced. Does that change anything?

The vacuum lines controlling the headlights cross over from the light switch to the over ride switch over the top of the steering column. Depending on what was involved, the vacuum line could have gotten pulled loose. Check the overide switch and see if the two lines are tight and secure. If so, pull the line off coming from the headlight switch and with the engine running, see if you get vacuum to this line when you turn the headlights on and off. You might want to consider a purchasing an inexpensive vacuum gauge to get a good reading. I think I got mine for less than $10 from NAPA.

Only if the tech who replaced the switch bumped one of the over-ride switches or crimped/knocked loose one of the vacuum hoses; there is no operational connection between the ignition switch and the headlight system.
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom