Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Slipping clutch..?

Stallion

Corvette
1996 CE LT4
I'm not too sure what's going on. I got off the line hard and then I shifted into 2nd gear and instead of having the power into acceleration of the car, it seemed like the clutch just slipped. Revs shot up and I felt no return through accel. Then almost immediately after I got the strong scent of clutch.

I don't know why this happened. Maybe user error. Maybe the clutch is getting worn out. How can you test the clutch without looking at it? I had heard that putting the car in 4th gear (or whatever the 1:1 gear is) and stomping on it to see if it slips is the way to tell, but I think I'm alright in that category.

What do you think? Any other way to test this out?

try the 0-60 run again. If it does the same thing, you need a clutch in my opinion. I have seen instances where a clutch was overheated and slipped during racing, but that doesnt sound like the case with yours.

Stallion, I'm not familiar with the nuances of the clutch on either the LT-4 OR ZR-1, but you may be interested in this thread - Click Me. Member rhipsher just replace his clutch and provided more than a few photos.

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom