Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: SLP PowerFlo exhaust

USMC2531

Corvette
2009 Coupe Jetstream Blue
I have a 2009, has anyone installed a SLP PowerFlo system on their C6. And if so whats the verdict.
Thanks Tony

The SLP square exhaust tips look a little nicer than the stock tips or other round tips in my opinion. The sound is just slightly louder than stock at cruising speeds and idle, but when you step on it, you'll get a nice rumble. If you're looking for the loud roar of the big exhaust systems, you're not going to get it with the slp system, but you'll like the look of slp system.
Tony

The SLP square exhaust tips look a little nicer than the stock tips or other round tips in my opinion. The sound is just slightly louder than stock at cruising speeds and idle, but when you step on it, you'll get a nice rumble. If you're looking for the loud roar of the big exhaust systems, you're not going to get it with the slp system, but you'll like the look of slp system.
Tony
Thanks Tony, I am looking at the SLP system because I live about 45min from SLP and they quoted me a good price for the system and installation. I am not looking for something too loud, but the stock exhaust is just too mild for whats under the hood.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Tony

The other thing is I have the Z51 package. When I drive in automatic mode, it's just slightly louder than stock even when accelerating. When I really want to hear it, I drive in sport mode and manually shift. That's when you can appreciate it more, because you can run the rpm's higher and hold it versus an automatic. So you will enjoy it more if you have a manual or paddle shifter. You will not notice much sound difference with an automatic, and it will only be worth the price if you base the purchase only on appearance.
Tony

The other thing is I have the Z51 package. When I drive in automatic mode, it's just slightly louder than stock even when accelerating. When I really want to hear it, I drive in sport mode and manually shift. That's when you can appreciate it more, because you can run the rpm's higher and hold it versus an automatic. So you will enjoy it more if you have a manual or paddle shifter. You will not notice much sound difference with an automatic, and it will only be worth the price if you base the purchase only on appearance.
Tony
Tony,
Thanks again for the info. I have the auto and i just want something that sounds good when I jump on it. Also do you believe the claim of 10 more HP.
Tony

You're talking 10 to 15 more hp that SLP claim out of 420 hp original...no you can't feel it, nor believe it without concrete proof. I haven't been able to detect any difference, but I do not do any of the high tech things to measure performance. I enjoy my car more for the appearance and the way it makes me feel...don't get me wrong...I like the performance and handling too, but I'm not hardcore that way.
Tony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom