Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

sluggish

pizza3260

Corvette
73 350 coupe
:confused my 73 350 was sluggish when stepping on the gas pedal, changed wires - plugs -cap - rotor - points, set timing same problem, what else is left.

tom

pizza3260 said:
:confused my 73 350 was sluggish when stepping on the gas pedal, changed wires - plugs -cap - rotor - points, set timing same problem, what else is left.

tom
Carb? Maybe the accelerator pump? How is it sluggish? Does it hesitate when you step on the gas, or is it sluggish all the time?

sluggest when you 1st press down on the pedal, then it picks up but it does not sound right.

tom

pizza3260 said:
:confused my 73 350 was sluggish when stepping on the gas pedal,
That's the way GM built 'em! My minivan is probably faster (but not so cool.)

after changing i went to a hotter plug ac delco 10 rapid fire, cleared the sluggish starts, runs great.

tom

Maybe it could be a timing problem? If you changed the plugs initially and it didn't work, and you just changed to those advanced plugs and it fixed it, I don't understand how it could be such a huge fix. What were the plugs that you tried first?

1st set of plugs r-44t, i did not believe it at 1st but it made a big difference.i even took the car for 3 rides since & its still perfect, not even a shake on the motor , nice & steady

tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom