Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Snow Sucks

Nobody Cares

Corvette
red 81, orange 74 vert. , 80 claret,69 chevy pu
Sometimes living in northern Michigan really is a bummer. This morning it's 13 degrees and snowing. I usually go in the garage every weekend and fire up the 81. Buy now i'm ready to go for a cruise , knowing there's still a couple of months of winter left. Then again its a great place to live in the summer months.

:w

I too agree, snow sucks,

We have been real fortunate this year in Northern Ct.

Only one snowfall so far,and that was only an inch the other night,and now it is gone.

I had my 81 out only 2 weekends ago for a ride,and might again tomorow as the roads are dry.

later, Ken

Amarillo, Texas reporting in... about 6" or 8" on the ground and stilling coming down, expect to get about 4" ~ 6" more :eek :( :cry

Bud Buried in Texas

We are about in the same boat here Bud. Around 10 inches on the ground now. Really that is good for this area, we normally might have a couple of feet on the ground by now. Oh well springs not too far off . NOT :beer

Amarillo, Texas reporting in... about 6" or 8" on the ground and stilling coming down, expect to get about 4" ~ 6" more :eek :( :cry

Bud Buried in Texas

We are about in the same boat here Bud. Around 10 inches on the ground now. Really that is good for this area, we normally might have a couple of feet on the ground by now. Oh well springs not too far off . NOT :beer

I feel your pain, folks.

Ah, Winter. The unloved, unwanted season.

A season that gives us numb fingers, ears that feel like they're letting every nasty winter virus imagineable, and snotcycles forming at the corners of your nostrils.
A useless season that re-occurs with the joy of a visit from your mother-in-law.

What does winter give us? I mean, really? Is there a reason why we need winter? Can we take a vote and just decide we'll have a prolongued fall, followed by an early spring? Can we pass a law outlawing it?

Snow. Talk about a pointless form of precipitation! Snow is the only companion winter can claim. You ski on it... yeah, fine. What then? You see, the insiduous fact about snow is that it lingers, on and on and on, until it warms up enough to dispatch it. And in the interval, snow teases us with the hint it's going away, until it converts itself into ice overnight and makes that walk to the mailbox an exercise in maintaining your equilibrium or suffering painful consequences.

And what do you do with it until it's gone? Pile it up. Get it out of your way. Until you run out of places to put it.

attachment.php

Ladies and Gentlemen, I submit that winter is evil. Winter is wrong. Winter needs to be dealt with, and the use of extreme prejudice is authorized. Hello, Jack Bauer... get busy. You have one day.

:w (ba-bye, winter.)
-Patrick

What really makes this winter suck like it does is my short term memory of just 2 winters ago:
attachment.php

Tree Fresh Oranges, weekend runs to the Beach / Foothills / Golf :cry The memories are still to fresh in my mind...

Bud

Oh those good memories. Golf , oranges on the trees, beaches. Yes indeed the good things in life. Oh ya i forgot 81 vettes rank right up at the top. Snow Sucks :D

This time around, the Albuquerque Metro area was spared with a 1" dusting of snow...not too bad.

With 3 previous waves of snow, I was beginning to dread more snow. Hopefully this will melt away rather quickly.

GerryLP:cool

Move south....

To date we have only had a trace of snow in southeast Michigan:_rock

I was driving on dry roads and warm tempretures right up until New Years Day but we have been getting a bit of the Canadian winter for the last few weeks. My 89 is safely under wraps but I did crank it up today just to hear the purr.

8 days ago on Friday, it started sleeting in central Oklahoma. By Sunday morning I had 3 inches of 'ice' on my driveway. My wife and I finally cleared most of it yesterday. It's sleeting again today but the temp is still above freezing.

I drove my 06 coupe to work 3 days this past week and it's a filthy mess and still no chance to wash it. At least it gets me to work and back.

We needed a break in the drought here in OK but this really sucks.

The Env't

Gotta remember we're living on a planet that floats around in space - we're lucky to even be here. So what to do with winter? Planning! A break to figure how to make the Vette more formidable, whether yours or the C6.R : )

BTW, has the ALMS GT1 line-up been stated yet? I know Vette Racing is in and Austin is likely out. Who else is joining GT1?

Press on.

Here is my Reality January 20, 2007 :cry
Out the Front Door:
Out%20Front.jpg

Out the Back Door:
Out%20Back.jpg

This was about an hour ago (12:00 noon) since then add about an inch or so more :eek Rare is safely tucked away in the shop out back just behind those to white accent lights..

Help I've fallen and can't DIG OUT!!

Bud

Sometimes living in northern Michigan really is a bummer. This morning it's 13 degrees and snowing. I usually go in the garage every weekend and fire up the 81. Buy now i'm ready to go for a cruise , knowing there's still a couple of months of winter left. Then again its a great place to live in the summer months.
:w

....and folks over here in Maryland (mostly the media --- and the kids) have been complaining that we haven't had any snow yet this season... strange winter so far. :ugh

Bud,
Send some of that my way! That's more snow than we've received in Upstate NY all year!!! Our "winter" has been terrible.

-tim

:w Tim,

I wish I could, esp knowing how much you Love to Ski ;)

Bud

Bud,
Send some of that my way! That's more snow than we've received in Upstate NY all year!!! Our "winter" has been terrible.

-tim

2 Below zero and light snow this morning. Good day to stay in and watch Barrett Jackson on speed. BRRRRRRR. :r
INSIDEVET6TH.jpg

I've only got about an inch and a half of snow,last week had taste of the ice,
Up north got hit real bad,with the ice,now we've got the cold :mad I was hoping for an early spring,oh well looks like winter finally showed up..gee Bud you have more snow that us!!
Tim...finally cold enough to MAKE snow...Go have fun at Gore!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom