Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

so..... how WAS the C3 reunion @ Bowling Green?????

Glensgages

Corvette
Black '82 Coupe
Due to health, family, and work, 3 of us couples from S.W. Pa. couldn't make the C3 Reunion at Bowling Green this past weekend, and I'm wondering how it went, how many attended, how the drag-racing was Saturday evening, etc.....

:confused

I didn't hear about a C3 Reunion at BG. (No that I was actively looking for it either.)
However, last time I attended a "C3" event at BG back in '02 called "SharkFest", it was quite a let down. There was almost nothing for C3's. It was mostly all geared towards C5's... :eyerole

I only had time for the Friday part of the event. I drove up on Thursday evening. Met about 10 folks out in the parking lot. We took turns looking at each others cars and shooting the breeze. One couple had came from Wisconsin in a newly painted blue 69. Somewhere in Illinois, the state was painting the lines on the road. Someone in front of them ran through the paint and the newly painted blue 69 had a million white little specks all over it.
Friday morning we ate breakfast with about 20 folks that had came to the event. After breakfast everyone cleaned their cars up and ran to the museum for a car show. There were about 20-25 cars there. Some very nice rides were in the show. I had no idea there was a car show. I cleaned mine off a little and entered.
Inside the museum, they had a presentation on carbureators. Very informative and informal. The guy was a drag racer and very knowledgeable on the Holley and Quadrajet.
After that the car show awards were passed out and pictures were taken.
Then they had a C3 Vette Registry meeting inside the museum. I missed the meeting and went for lunch. I was starving. After lunch we came back and talked with Matt/Aftershark at the Holley Trailer for about an hour or so. It was getting around 4PM and we had a long way to go to get home so we packed it in and headed back for the house.
My trip was around 400 miles round trip. My 70 vette made the trip like a champ. We ran 80-90MPH most of the time and got 20MPG.
I had a good time but would have like to stay for the entire get together and done some of the cruises and maybe a drag or autocross run. As in any get together the more that come to the event the better it will be. I will try to get back up there next year again. The only bad thing about it for me is, it is also going on the same time Corvette Expo in Knoxville is going on.

Evolution1980 said:
I didn't hear about a C3 Reunion at BG. (No that I was actively looking for it either.)
However, last time I attended a "C3" event at BG back in '02 called "SharkFest", it was quite a let down. There was almost nothing for C3's. It was mostly all geared towards C5's... :eyerole

I was going to go , but everyone I asked that had even been said it was lame at best. It's a long drive for a maybe, Sooooooooo we just went to the local cruise in .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom