Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

So I learned something yesterday...

jdeatsch

Corvette
01 Quicksilver vert, 6 speed. 02 Lt Pewter vert.
We all know how our memory seat 'memory' screws up sometimes. Sometimes it won't return to the easy exit position, sometimes it will. Having just unlocked the car makes everything SEEM to work pretty well.

When it DOESN'T move to the 'easy exit/entry' position for you, try this scheme.

Remove the key and push the #1 memory button. If I do this my seat moves aft and the steering column collapses.

Hope that helps someone,

Jim

Hi, I deleted all of the memory aspects on my 99............I figured it was just going to wear things out prematurely........

Hi, I deleted all of the memory aspects on my 99............I figured it was just going to wear things out prematurely........
:thumb
mine sits all the way back so it doesn't matter

Good suggestion, though, Jim!
Thanks for taking the time to share it! :thumb

:wJane Ann

when I pull in garage I remove key from ignition and lock the unlock the doors. This way when I get in and put key in everything comes to where it should be.

Your memory settings are tied to the fob you use to access the car. Fob #1 remembers the #1 setting and fob #2 remembers the #2 settings. Most folks who have issues are using 2 different fobs back and forth or have their memory setting assigned to the seat position for which they have no fob.

When I deactivate my alarm, my seat is already in the easy entry position because that's the position it goes to when I remove the key from the ignition (I set it up that way through the DIC). When I insert my key, the seat, mirrors, radio and climate control automatically go to my driving settings. It always works with no issues.

All of this information is in the owners manual.

Key Fobs

I put dots (1 on one, 2 on the other) on the back of my key fobs with a paint pen to match the settings I have in the car. If, for some reason, the seats, column, mirrors, etc. don't move the way they are supposed to, you can just push (DON'T hold) the corresponding button on the door panel, and everything will move into the correct position.

When I had a C5, my wife and I always used the FOB to "unlock" the car even if it was in the garage and already unlocked just to 'tell' the car who was about to get in it and that took care of the memory recall 99% of the time.

If you leave the C5 unlocked all the time and just get in, it doesn't know who got in or which FOB is in the car. You have to "tell" the C5 each time who's driving so it will reset everything to that user. Using the FOB to 'unlock' the car each time does that. Using the memory buttons on the door does it also.

I put dots (1 on one, 2 on the other) on the back of my key fobs with a paint pen to match the settings I have in the car. If, for some reason, the seats, column, mirrors, etc. don't move the way they are supposed to, you can just push (DON'T hold) the corresponding button on the door panel, and everything will move into the correct position.

You do realize that there is a #1 and #2 on the back of the fobs, right?

When I had a C5, my wife and I always used the FOB to "unlock" the car even if it was in the garage and already unlocked just to 'tell' the car who was about to get in it and that took care of the memory recall 99% of the time.

If you leave the C5 unlocked all the time and just get in, it doesn't know who got in or which FOB is in the car. You have to "tell" the C5 each time who's driving so it will reset everything to that user. Using the FOB to 'unlock' the car each time does that. Using the memory buttons on the door does it also.

Exactly.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom