Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

" So the shop helper says whats the secret to..........

Stonecold C-4

Corvette
1993 LT-1 Torch Red Coupe automatic
starting this bad boy " I had just got through paying for the mufflers to be eliminated and new tips installed. So I've heard and read about the security issues and my day was about to get longer. To make a long story a little shorter these guys are also ASE certified so the test lights came out and everything was checked and codes also but nothing. The next thing was to lift the car with the key on and then jumped the starter and it cranked and ran for 3 seconds, back down it came. So he looks at me and said it's a security issue, and went and printed out the electrical diagram. Pulled off the panel and went under the dash by the steering column and at this point I went and sat down in the waiting room. Around 20 minutes later I heard it fire up and it stayed running, and then shop manager came in smiling and said you're ready to go and would you like to know what it was, well yea I replied. He told me that it was a security relay up under the dash and the contacts in the relay had stuck open and they jumped it, but he recommended I go to the dealer and buy one and come back and have it installed, and of course I'll do just that. So these guys worked on this car for a hour and a half and didn't charge me a dime, the name of the company was Maxie Muffler in Chattanooga Tn.

SWEEEEEEET! Thanks to Maxie Muffler! Always nice to find a shop that has
some "Customer Service", but these guys went way beyond that! :thumb
Thanks for posting!
Andy Anderson :w

Darn nice to hear of someone that still practices customer service.

I think this is exactly how the free enterprize system should work....

those that take care of bidness and offer good service should be rewarded with more customers and therefore greater reward/income for their efforts.

those that practice the "take what you can get" business mentality should suffer the consequences by a lack of new business and be allowed to fall by the wayside due to thier inability to generate substancial and necessary revenues sufficient to justify their existence. This latest generation of business philosophy that dictates that "freebies" are a waste of a companies time since customers will never reward you for that.....is pure unadulterated BS. Its corporate greed and lack of vision being passed down to small business as a model. The new generation that thinks that good service should be invoiced is seriously lacking in vision and leadership skills. Its quite simple. When you do well and take good care of a customer they come back,. their continued business IS the reward in a world of extreme competition and alternate services.

The one thing that this arogant generation of poor customer service types has forgotten is that the customer is king when it is the customer that HAS the MONEY and is looking for a good reason to give it to you. Don;t give him reason to give it to someone else by failing to take care of his needs.

I seriously doubt that I'll be driving thru that town, BUT if I ever did, this is someplace that I'd seek out if I needed some shop repairs.:thumb

Good Job Maxie Muffler !

BTW...
I'm kinda curious which or what relay under the driver side dash panel has an effect on the VATS. As far as I knew it was all in the center to passenger side dash...
Is this perhaps a relay for the ignition system? or is it part of VATS ?

relay??????

Yes it is great to have folks running a business that do a little extra for a customer knowing it should pay off in the long run. So Boom getting to your question this is what I have, the relay is on the driver side up under the dash and if I remember right he said it was to the right of the column. The name he gave it was "Theft deterrent relay" so I called the dealer and they said there were 6 relays up under the dash none of which were called that. The parts guy did say there was a theft deterrent module and said it looked to be discontinued but wasn't sure he would check, he suggested that I get the # off the top of the relay and that would solve the problem, so I guess that's what I'll do. I did ask if I brought in the diagram the tech printed off could he tell, he replied don't think so. When it was up on the lift and they jumped the starter it ran for about 3 seconds and the fuel shut off that's why he said it was security related. Might be that ignition relay I'll just have to let them look at it again, but I fly out back to the oilfield on Sat. morning so I might wait till I get back next month, just having to much fun riding around with the top off in this great Tn. weather. The Maxie Muffler shop was the one on Broad St. just to be clear. Just read your post again so let me edit this he didn't say how far to the right so it could be center or so but I'll find out.

who

those that take care of bidness and offer good service should be rewarded with more customers and therefore greater reward/income for their efforts.

those that practice the "take what you can get" business mentality should suffer the consequences by a lack of new business and be allowed to fall by the wayside due to thier inability to generate substancial and necessary revenues sufficient to justify their existence. This latest generation of business philosophy that dictates that "freebies" are a waste of a companies time since customers will never reward you for that.....is pure unadulterated BS. Its corporate greed and lack of vision being passed down to small business as a model. The new generation that thinks that good service should be invoiced is seriously lacking in vision and leadership skills. Its quite simple. When you do well and take good care of a customer they come back,. their continued business IS the reward in a world of extreme competition and alternate services.

The one thing that this arogant generation of poor customer service types has forgotten is that the customer is king when it is the customer that HAS the MONEY and is looking for a good reason to give it to you. Don;t give him reason to give it to someone else by failing to take care of his needs.

I seriously doubt that I'll be driving thru that town, BUT if I ever did, this is someplace that I'd seek out if I needed some shop repairs.:thumb

Good Job Maxie Muffler !

BTW...
I'm kinda curious which or what relay under the driver side dash panel has an effect on the VATS. As far as I knew it was all in the center to passenger side dash...

In short if you are not taking care of your customers then someone else will.

Good Job Maxie Muffler !

BTW...
This place would get my business. The starter enable relay on the digital clustered C4s is behind the center instrument panel. Wondering if it was relocated starting in 1990 with the redesigned interior dash.

On my 90 it is called the start enable relay. It's on the drivers side.
:thumb to that shop.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom