Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sold Callaway/Picked up 06 C6

N

NevadaJim

Just finished reading a few of the C6 threads and thought I'd take a minute to say hi. I used to own an '87 Callaway and hang out in the C4 section (hence the user name). Due to family (parent medical issues), I've been away from the forum for quite a while and things are just now getting back to normal, and a few changes have taken place in the garage.

Unfortunately, we had to sell the Callaway late last year (related to parent situation); but it wasn't long before I started going through withdrawls and had to have another Vette, so we picked up a C6 in May. It's a Daytona Sunset Orange Coupe. We got the LT3 and Z51 options, with 6-speed paddleshift, polished aluminum wheels and upgraded stereo/navigation system.

I know we've owned it for a few months; but I'm still grinning from ear to ear ... I can't get over the looks, performance and handling.

I haven't done any real mods yet, just added a few cosmetics; billet license plate frame, billet exhaust plate w/emblem, billet front grill, Loyds floor & cargo mats, Loyds floor mat protectors, and carbon-fibor rear letter inserts.

I am looking at replacing the stock exhaust; just haven't decided on what to go with. I'm leaning towards Flowmaster (I've had them on just about every vehicle we've owned the last 6-7 years), but I'm open to suggestions.

Don't have any real questions right at the moment (although I'm sure I well); except how do I change my user name? I'm hoping a mod can help me out with this ... 87Callaway doesn't really fit anymore :) :beer

Congrats on your C6! Excellent choice.

Check out Corsa Performance for your C6. I've been completely happy with them on my last 5 Vettes. Sound, quality, customer service is 2nd to none.

Check out www.corsaperformance.com for more info.

Drive safe, and have fun.

Congrats on your C6! Excellent choice.

Check out Corsa Performance for your C6. I've been completely happy with them on my last 5 Vettes. Sound, quality, customer service is 2nd to none.

Check out www.corsaperformance.com for more info.

Drive safe, and have fun.

Thanks; just checked out the website and the sound bits ... definetely sound/look nice and something to think about
:beer

Personally id choose either B&B (i believe they are on Mallett cars) or the callaway double d system:

c6exhslvr2bs7.jpg

The reason I personally like these, is because they arent too loud like some of the more popular ones. These are more subtle but when your on the power it sounds good. Plus if you are on the highway or road cruisin, its not going to make your ears bleed by being too loud (with the exception of a few B&B ones).

Welcome to the C6 group. I'm sure you will enjoy your C6 and you can't beat orange for a color.

Post some pictures when you can.

P1010015.jpg

Congrats on the C6. DSOM is an awesome color, and I am not just saying that because I have one. I got mine 15 months ago and I am still amazed that it is mine every time I go into the garage.

snip
Don't have any real questions right at the moment (although I'm sure I well); except how do I change my user name? I'm hoping a mod can help me out with this ... 87Callaway doesn't really fit anymore :) :beer
Use this thread to have your username changed by Rob: CLICK

Congrats on the car. Hope the Callway gang isnt going to be too hard on you. :)

:w
-Stefan

Thanks; just checked out the website and the sound bits ... definetely sound/look nice and something to think about

For the $$...I would NOT touch those Corsa exhaust systems...the appearance of the muffler cans on the C6 is ridiculous...the back of your 'Bee U tee full' new Vette will look like.......well...... you get my drift...IMO! :(

(Check out the pic of this in my recent earlier post about this....very sad....:cry)

I recently installed the Corsa Sport system on my brand new '07 Coupe....guess what?? They are coming off this weekend....and being returned!

I will replace them with something else and be MUCH more attentive to the end result...appearance first...then sound! Be careful!! :w

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be detailing her tomorrow and I'll take a couple of new pictures afterwards showing the new front grill. But here's a couple of pictures I took awhile ago:

1stZaino01.JPG

1stZaino05.JPG

06Vette02.JPG

06Vette03.JPG

BG03.JPG

:D :beer

I will replace them with something else and be MUCH more attentive to the end result...appearance first...then sound! Be careful!! :w

Great advice ... I plan on taking my time with this decission, especially after reading a few of the threads here and other forums, as well as some I've seen/heard in person

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom