Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Some people just don't have a clue.

I have a similar story from back in October of last year. Here's the link

Hard to believe (at least for me anyway) that there are really people out there that do not instantly recoginize a c3 shark.

But evidently there are.
I have met one.

This past summer freinds of ours stopped over the house for a cookout and some cold ones.

The husband of the friend of ours when seeing my 81 parked in the garage in all its glory,actually said. What is that,and why would you buy something like that?

(he is a real dork anyway) we tolerate him.

But also,as a longtime Harley owner and rider also,all I had to say was the old great Harley ancronoyn, "if i have to explain you wouldnt understand".

later, Ken;shrug

The husband of the friend of ours when seeing my 81 parked in the garage in all its glory,actually said. What is that,and why would you buy something like that?

Ken;shrug

"What is it, and why would you buy something like that?"??????:confused :bash
Why wouldn't you buy something like that?
zachh

zachh[/quo
Showed a friend my new ride the other day, his comment, " those cars are all right but I don't like, bla bla bla, well I got to go now cause I need to go put ANOTHER crank shaft positioning sensor on the 95 Olds so I can sell it this year."
Get a life dude!

My moddo,
Don't knock it till you buy it!

Hey Zachh, my thoughts exactly.

Like i said,this guy dosent have a clue,most of the people that i know or that come over,when first seeing the vette,exclaim something like You ^&**( SOB, but meaning it in a good sort of friendly,maybe a little, jealous way.

But with that one exception ALL knew exactly what it was,and either wanted or want to get one someday,

Later, Ken

As a newbie to corvettes, I have often made a mistake mixing up C4's and Trans Ams or Firebirds, not really the Camaro because of the hood. I'm embarrassed to say that last week at dusk I even mistakened a C6 as Tran Am or Firebird. No offense, it was an honest mistake. I know there is big difference.

I have had a few people think that my 91 firebird looks like a C5- looking at it from the front from a distance. ;shrug Big difference there. ;LOL

Dare I admit, I too,almost mistaked a late model Trams Am,or Firebird coming up behind me recently on the way home from work. (It was dusk) for a C5. but a C3 never.

zachh
Answer....."It's heaven, and I love it!"
Nuff said!
Andy:pat

:w

You guys need to use the comeback line I've adopted.

When a family member was ragging on my Corvette at Christmas I told him I bought it because someone else had already bought the last POS silver Oldsmobile* on the lot.

*Insert appropriate color and model as required. Enjoy.
:w Jane Ann

I told him I bought it because someone else had already bought the last POS silver Oldsmobile on the lot.
:L That one got a "LOL" from me...

It depends on the person. Some people I talk to love the car and praise it and others are wondering what's wrong with me. I will say this much, the older c3 and earlier cars were much more distintive and easier to recognize from a distance. The C4 had a few look alikes, the C5 and C6 have more. Unfortunately, all cars are starting to look alike. A chevy looks like a ford which looks like a toyota etc.

My favorite was the time I was talking to the husband of one of my wife's friends and he wanted to "talk vettes" after he realized I had an '81. This leads to a story about how he has a friend with an '83 :eyerole and he describes it's appearance like a mid-year. I then caually shift the conversation to beer so as not to :puke. He is a nice guy otherwise. ;shrug

Yeah, i get that "Rare" 83 model too once in a while.. But (shall i say), i am usually not hat kind.. :D :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom