Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

some people should NEVER be behind a parts counter

grumpyvette

the chevy parts guys at my local PALM BEACH AREA CHEVY DEALER is usually very helpful and usually have or can locate near anything or can suggest a source...

TODAY I stopped in at the chevy dealers parts counter near my sons house...in south miami, what a differance!
(MORRONS MAKE YOU WANT TO USE PEPPER SPRAY ON THEM)

I walk in and IM alone, a gal behind the counter greets me pleasantly enought,
but when I ask for a case of E.O.S. , "she asked whats E.O.S. "
, I told her its G.M. ENGINE OIL, SUPLIMENT......she tells me

" CHEVY does not sell or advise oil additives"

I ask her if having a G.M. part # might help?

"NO! .IM sure we don,t carry it or ID know about it!"

ok can I get a splash shield that fits under the fuel door on a 1992 corvette, its the rubber tray about 4" x 6" around the fill neck under the gas cap, if I don,t have the correct name, I think its part #26 on your micro filch?

"no! we don,t stock those and can,t get them anytime soon"

how about the filler neck gasket #27 on your micro filch ?

"no! we don,t stock those and can,t get them anytime soon"

at that point I walked out, its obvious they don,t want my money

BTW

"14076115 is the part number for the filler area. It's called a housing. 25091503 is the seal."

I'm sure her boss would be proud... :ugh

-Mac

You obviously interrupted her tanning regimen! :rotfl

Being in south Florida, she was probably bummed she wasn't at the beach! ;LOL

SAVE THE :w

I don't know whether this would have any effect or not, but I have done this with good results several times. I write a letter to her boss and her boss's boss. That information can be obtained with a phone call or two. In the letter, I state the facts without emotion, and would cite the part numbers, etc. Then I ask if this behavior is consistent with company policy. I also state that I expect a response from them. It has worked for me. Even if I get no response, I feel better for having stood up for what is right.

I don't know whether this would have any effect or not, but I have done this with good results several times. I write a letter to her boss and her boss's boss. That information can be obtained with a phone call or two. In the letter, I state the facts without emotion, and would cite the part numbers, etc. Then I ask if this behavior is consistent with company policy. I also state that I expect a response from them. It has worked for me. Even if I get no response, I feel better for having stood up for what is right.
Sounds like a plan! :upthumbs

-Mac

I used to do those things. Now I say WTF I am gonna get older and their service will not improve. Instead of wasting time trying to improve their business I will spend time improving the business of my favorite bar keep.

This arrangement appears to be beneficial to all concerned.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom