Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Somebody Hold Me Back!

NC2Stay

Corvette
1995 Coupe, Torch Red, 6-speed, chrome sawblades
I broke down today (me, not my Vette!) and went to the Vette store and looked at new C6's. They only had verts in stock, but I need a coupe for the travel luggage space. I didn't drive one yet as they were all in the showroom and a bit difficult to get out at the spur of the moment.

Looked nice, as you might imagine. I took my blond to sit in the passenger seat. (She looked nice too!)

Why? Don't really know. Don't want a lot of repair hassles. I will have to dump over $1K into new wheels soon and another $1K or so into a better stereo system. Want something very reliable for trips. Hell, I don't know - just because.

So, somebody hold me back and tell me how great my '95 is and why I should stay loyal to her.

Bob

Many upscale foreign manufacturers or their dealers now have programs that allow responsible people to sample their cars over a weekend to see if you really like the car. Lexus will do this, for example. Maybe GM has something similar with the Corvette (probably not, since they are behind the curve on so many of these good ideas--the fact that GM invested in FIAT, and also accepted a put option which required them to buy the company WITHOUT Ferrari if FIAT demanded, is proof positive that current management knows nothing about cars). WhatEVER---my point is why don't you drive the C6, to see if you really like it enough to get rid of a car which you seem to like and (I presume) is paid for (there's something nice about not having a new car on your credit report).

/s/ Chris Kennedy

6 Shooter said:
OK I'll help - What color are you going to purchase? :D

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Hey, 6 Shooter,

HE SAID: HELP!

They say sometimes the eyes go first! Maybe you really do not like MY as much as you say you do! Maybe you are a little color-blind!

I am not saying for sure. Just maybe...........:confused

Save The Wave! :w

Don't expect me to hold you back. Find a good home for your 95 is very important.Vetts are living ,breathing things that have feelings.There's some good deals ,i'd go for it!You'll never be younger than you are today.

I had somebody tell me once that “you’re not going to leave here alive.” That has stuck with me for a long time. You should have fun while you can.

I’d just get a C6 and call it a day.

B17Crew
:w

Try a C5 first!!

they are not pricey and they are more refined then the C4 and much quicker and quieter.

The C6 is going to change real fast at least the nose which is it's weakest part. So save your money and get a C5. The nicest C5 vert will not cost you more then $30,000 with less then 15,000 miles and if you shop around you can pick one up for a lot less. But it will have more miles.

The downside is that the C5 radio is terrible.

alan

Fix up the 95. Even with putting money into it, you still are saving money in the long run on the car payment. Unless you are paying cash for the C6. If that is the case, get a Z06 instead.

Jim

I understand where you are coming from. My wife likes the C6's better than my C4. Getting in and out of it is much easier, better performance, nicer ride (if you like that cushy, grand touring feel), nice looks. Heck, if I could afford it, I'd buy a C6. As it is I'll have to wait until they are 10 years old. I like your 95 and it should be a great car as well. Good luck with your decision.

Red, saddle (or whatever they can tan) interior. Must be a coupe - we need the luggage space. Thinking about which wheels...

Thanks for all the comments. I think I may start negotiations, and also may look at the C5's. I am NOT a C5 fan, but maybe as an interim purchase.

As far as the Z06 goes, I am bit concerned about my wife driving it (and she does, a bit). You see too many pictures of wrecks...

Bob

I went and looked a C6's the other day. (drool).

Oh man, if I could figure out how to quit paying taxes and uiltities and gasoline and insurance and food and child support and infinitum.....

If I could afford a c6, I'd do it in a heartbeat and never look back.

The only downside is I love my C4 and the C4 community.

ZumZum said:
The only downside is I love my C4 and the C4 community.

Your comment really hit a nerve with me.

I have had 3 C4s and I had no desire to buy a C5. Maybe the "C4 community" is what really held me back. There is such a comaraderie among C4 drivers. I guess coming from the midwest and Chicago in particular I have always identified myself with the "hard working" middle class group of folks. Maybe C4 owners embody this mentality. I certainly get along with all the C4 owners I know. Especially here on CAC we (C4 owners) certainly seem to stick together. :upthumbs

Just my opinion. And you know what they say: Everyone has one! :L

Save The Wave! :w

My Outlook on Buying a C6

I have already told the wife if she dies first I am going to take the insurance for her funeral and buy a C6. She then asked me about how I would bury her. I explained that I figured that someone would dispose of her if she was above ground too long so not my problem. I Plan to make it my only car and the dog and I will just travel our life's away seeing the USA in our Chevy.:D :beer

As for my C4 I will give it to my son. He is in his mid forties and is about mature enough for my C4

NC2Stay said:
As far as the Z06 goes, I am bit concerned about my wife driving it (and she does, a bit). You see too many pictures of wrecks...

Bob

The ZO6 only comes in a 6spd. and is more car than you'll ever need. I think the base C6 would be a great car for you...and her. They are even available now w/ the paddle shift automatic. Realistically, a much more refined and reliable car (than the C4) that you both can enjoy. If it's do-able, I say, go for it Bob!

Jeff

NC2Stay said:

Bob

:L ;LOL :L

Please stay safe... don’t let your wife read that!

B17Crew
W

Alice drives a stick just fine. She doesn't drive the Vette much but can do when necessary. Well, I am going to start the negotiations and see what the local guys can do for me. If not, I am willing to travel to pick one up if I have to.

Thanks for the encouragement Jeff!

Bob

I love my C4 but my order for a Victory Red Coupe should be here in a couple of weeks. Be thankful for these great choices and good luck. Now I have to sell my 94 Coupe.

Went into dealership a year ago before I bought the Callaway. They had a black 6-speed C-6 on show room floor. After looking at it about 15 minutes ans having half a dozen+ sales guys talking to each other and ignoring me I left. :mad Figured I must not look like a C-6 driver. :eyerole Guess them sales guys are not so good at figuring out who can afford their cars. :rotfl So I guess for now we'll wait and enjoy the two C-4's we have!! :D :w Ike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom