Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sources for AFB Carbs?

rkew

Corvette
Roman Red '62 and Competition Yellow '91 Coupe
I'm looking for an AFB carburetor for my '62 (327, 300 hp). The specifications section of the 53-62 service manual identifies that part number of that specific carb as an AFB-3269-S (attached). Unfortunately I don't have the original carburetor so rebuilding isn't an option. Can anyone recommend good sources of quality AFB carburetors?

Thank you,

Ryan

I can't help, but welcome to :CAC

Hemmings,,,online, I looked for the same carb and found it only miles from my house totatlly restored. I paid dearly for it, $600. but it was dated and in new condition. It was expensive, but worth it....good luck, that model is rare.

NOS Corvette on e-Bay

Look under NOS Corvette and Corvette parts on e-Bay. There are quite a few of them there. Remember, many 300hp Chevrolet 327's used them in regular passanger cars also. You may not find a 'match number', but one to get you going until you find the perfect unit. Last one I sold last year, I got $300 for it.

Also, Edlebrock now manfactures new units. The coloring is not correct, but they may be ready with correct reproductions of the originals as Holley is doing. It is worth a phone call anyway.

Jim

You might try Bob Kunz in St. Louis, one of the longer time carb restorers. Below is part of an ad of his from Hemmings:

55-65 WCFB, 56-61 2x4 carbs, original Holley carbs, 62-65 AFBs, complete carburetor rebuilding and restoration service for street or show, restoration to NCRS, Bloomington Gold standards, work guaranteed, references, free technical assistance, street rebuild one week turnaround; MC, Visa. Bob Kunz, 314-845-2566, St Louis, MO.

rlm :cool

Ebay is a good source if you dont mind keeping an eye out for it.There is a Corvette parts supplier called Chicago Corvette,they just started a subsidiary called Chicago carb.They rebuild carbs,including replating all items and then bench test each carb.They currently have a carb for a 70 442 for a customer of mine including some headlight motors for a 63 Im working on.The gentleman that runs Chicago carb is also on ebay with lots of rebuilt carbs and some that need rebuilt.Here is one of his carbs on ebay right now,beautiful work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33550&item=2451849984

If Bob does not have the carb you need, ask him for the name and telephone number of the Gentleman in Manassas, Virginia. He will have it. I was at his house and the entire basement is loaded with carbs, all types. Bob is a nice guy to talk to and really helpful. Hope this helps out.

Thank You

Thanks to everybody for all of the great leads and info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom