Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

spare tire in 1982

It's priced high for the restorers out there. You can find one much cheaper. You have the tub it goes in correct? If so, it's just a chevy spare. If you just want it for emergency purposes and not for restoration check your local salvage yard for one. My 78 has a GM spacesaver there.

It's priced high for the restorers out there. You can find one much cheaper. You have the tub it goes in correct? If so, it's just a chevy spare. If you just want it for emergency purposes and not for restoration check your local salvage yard for one. My 78 has a GM spacesaver there.

look again.... people are trying to get $250 or better for these things, no luck in local salvage yards, sellers on ebay think they have a solid gold tire.... $50 bucks is pretty cheap so far compared to anything i have found.....

look again.... people are trying to get $250 or better for these things, no luck in local salvage yards, sellers on ebay think they have a solid gold tire.... $50 bucks is pretty cheap so far compared to anything i have found.....
Yeah, if you're not concerned about originality (it doesn't seem that you are), just get a compatible 15" steel rim and a 180 series tire, brand new out the door for likely under $100. Done deal, no muss, no fuss!

Yeah, if you're not concerned about originality (it doesn't seem that you are), just get a compatible 15" steel rim and a 180 series tire, brand new out the door for likely under $100. Done deal, no muss, no fuss!

i just want it to fit and have a spare so i dont have to get towed

My mistake. I was responding about the $250. Fifty is good. I think my computer is messed up. After I posted I just realized there were numerous posts that hadn't shown up on my screen prior. Glad you found one at a decent price.

did the 82 vette have a regular sized spare in that hidden compartment up under the rear end or did they have temporary tires back then ( i was only 10 in 82 so it didnt matter to me)

either way what size was it and where can i get one

My 82 has a goodyear p195/80/15 temp spare

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom