Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speculation only

LMN8R

Corvette
1998 Black Coupe
On the front page of http://www.gminsidenews.com there is a picture of a clay model with some folks looking over it. DO NOT GET TOO EXCITED!!! My question is about the red car in the background with the round tail lights. Is it a small glimpse? I know the pic isn't great on the front page. If you log in you can get a larger image, but it's still not great, and it probably is not the C6 anyway.

Those of you who are "in the know:" let me know.

Greg

Hell with that red car look at that clay model!!! Look where the gas tank filler is!!!! Still another Corvette Bastard in the pipeline??

Likely. I read that they may be making the SS pretty soon in the Bowling Green Plant alongside the XLR and C6. That's what the clay model looks like to me, except it has 2 doors instead of 4 with those suicide things on the SS concept. Maybe this is more of a true SS coupe.

Ross, I take it that the red car is nothing?

Greg

Thats one of the contenders for Camaro replacement. I wonder if the new Camaro will be Corvette based boy that would be awful. I cant see the red car well enough to tell. How do I get a bigger picture??

To get the bigger picture, you need to "log on." It is free to register, etc. I'll try to get the picture over here...

CLOWN suits........ Tough to really tell what you are looking at in a mirror, makes it even more deceiving. Interesting though. If you do not understand I can explain later.

Hey that looks like a modern Corvair! Im not sure what that car is. I agree its a Chevrolet. The Corvette has a little spoiler ridge like that. I have to say That car sure looks UGLY! so im sure its an approved model and on its way to a Chevy dealer near you in a few years! :D

StillDreaming: I'm slow. You're going to have to explan.

Yes a Clown Suit is a one dimensional model with a mirror behind.

I did hear somewhere that Chevrolet was going to come out with a car between the Malibu and Impala. Sort of a Lumina replacement this red car could be it. That would make it a Monte Carlo replacement with a 4 door version as well.

Look at the guys had at the back of the picture. He is reaching with one hand but the picture shows two. GM usually creates half models out of clay and they use a mirror to make it look like the whole car is there. The mirror goes down the center of the car to make it look whole. So the picture of the red car, is actually a reflection in the mirror that sits next to the clay model in the first picture. I learned about this in James Schefter's book ALL CORVETTES ARE RED. In some cases the clay cars are covered with foil to make them look like they are real. I hope that this helps.

Pretty cool. I like how many people they got into the picture from that angle without having any more than that hand in the foreground.

In the Hi-res shot it certainly reminds me of a gen 2 Corvair or even a bubble top '61 Impala - moderized. Maybe the Monte Carlo is going to downsize a bit. That profile would certainly please the NASCAR crowd.

If it was anything of importance or substantive information I don't think it would have shown up in the clown mirror. GM seems pretty careful to me about these sort of things. Never-the-less still always interesting to get peeks.:m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom