Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Speed bleeders

WLS Ruby 93

Corvette
1998 Torch Red Coupe
I bought a set of 4 speed bleeders for my 1998 C5 coupe and was wondering if there is a specific procedure to brake bleeding that might be unusual for the C5s?

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

I get the best results from vacuum bleeding. Made my own reservoir and I use my hand held vacuum pump.

The results are a very tight brake pedal and you don't have to pump the poor master cylinder into oblivion.

CG

there is nothing wrong with using speedbleeders
they work fine

Okay, I'm curious so I'll bite.
What are speed bleeders and what's their purpose?
I saw links to a few old threads at the bottom of the page but after reading those I'm still not familiar with them.

Thanks.
:wJane Ann

Speed Bleeders

Okay, I'm curious so I'll bite.
What are speed bleeders and what's their purpose?
I saw links to a few old threads at the bottom of the page but after reading those I'm still not familiar with them.

Thanks.
:wJane Ann

Jane Ann,

Speed Bleeders® are a special "one way" fitting that can be installed on each brake caliper in place of the factory brake fluid bleed fitting. They enable a person to change the fluid as a "one person" operation since the bleeders have a one-way valve built into them. When loosened the fittings allow fluid out but air can not get into the brake lines. This way air can be bled from the brake lines by one person.

Bill

That makes sense... thanks Bill. Like a check valve in a line which allows one-way flow only. As long as the flow is against the valve, it remains open, but if the pump shuts down and flow starts to reverse, the valve seats and stops backflow. :thumb

You got it JA. They make bleeding the brakes a much easier process.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom