Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Speed Lingerie

bflonez

Corvette
2005 Black Coupe
We picked up our 2005 last evening ( what a ride ) and would like to know if anyone uses the Speed Lingerie masks. I would like to keep the front in good shape. Thanks:beer

Tell me more about these speed lingeria masks sounds like some thing i should know aobut.

They are color matched bras for your car. They run about $600 without the license opening and $700 with. If you want a simple black bra (made by someone else), they can be had for $180. Check Mid America.

(The covers for the mirrors look kinda crummy.):eyerole

I have the SL bra for my Machine Silver convertible. The color match is perfect, you can't tell the bra is on until you get right up on it. The quality is worth the price. Remember you "get what you pay for." The bra is padded and rated to 100+ mph. It fits very tight and is a booger to put on, but once on it isn't coming off. If you live in a bug prone area the bra cleans off easily. I agree, the covers for the mirrors are not of the same quality. I don't use them any more because the fit is bad.

You might want to remove your SL bra occasionally to clean the dirt, sand behind it. Otherwise your paint will hate you!

Have used SL on a 2001 & 2003 with great results. I had a tire tread blow off a semi and hit my mirror with no damage to the paint. The mirror cover didn't look so good but lived for another day. I bought a new 2008 last month and the SL was the first option puchased. The silver is a great match.
I agree, take it off and make sure it is clean behind the mask otherwise it will cause problems with the paint. Thus far, I have not experienced any paint concerns with this product. This is a good product and a good value. What is the cost of a re-paint from stone chips?
Good luck,

I have the SL bra on my 2008 - I'm very happy with it. It's hard to put on but it doesn't get loose, vibrate or other buzz at speed like a lot of the cheaper bras. It protects the nose very well.

Like all bras, you must take them off and clean them and the car after they get wet and on a regular basis otherwise or they'll etch the paint from the dirt and bugs that do manage to get between them and the paint.

I've had the Speed Lingerie bra for my '96 Grand Sport and still use one on the '02. As others have said, they're a royal pain to get on, but they protect very well.

When I bought the '05, it had just had the 3M "Invisible Bra" installed, and after one year, I can say it is well worth the price! The car is protected 100% of the time, and it's, as its name implies...invisible.

Elaine

I got the Speed Lingerie bra, armrest cover and mirror covers for my Silver C5.
I got silver to match the car, but I should have gotten black. Silver gets dirty fast, and it's hard to get all the stains out.
See how the air vents for the brake coolers get dirty from the bra filtering the air/dust?
Plus, in the sunlight it's hard to see the directional turn signals.
20/20 hindsight.
carl41.jpg

S/L is a great product. You can hardly tell its there. I also ordered mine with the snap/zip on front plate option.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom