Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

? Speed-sensitive stereo volume?

I think the Bose system is just fine; maybe the problem is old ears. Maybe hearing aids would help.:) It's a small area with a lot of road noise what the heck do you guys expect?:eyerole

Really? You must suffer from very low expectations. These Bose units suck!!

I think the Bose system is just fine; maybe the problem is old ears. Maybe hearing aids would help.:) It's a small area with a lot of road noise what the heck do you guys expect?:eyerole
:J :r Get rid of the run-flats then it will be much quieter, smoother riding, better MPG and better handling.

Turn that feature off if you can. The stereo may sound a bit better. There is no question that these radios designed for the Corvette interiors STINK! The 07 is supposed to have better sound but I wont hold my breath.
My auto feature works great when on freeway it gets louder then when exiting it gets quieter. But the FM reception is terrible even with strong signals there is lots of static in it and then strong signal fades out seems to be that FM receiver can't hold onto station long and if it does it isn't clear even if the signal is strong. I wonder if the dealership can put an 07 in my 05?:cool

My auto feature works great when on freeway it gets louder then when exiting it gets quieter. But the FM reception is terrible even with strong signals there is lots of static in it and then strong signal fades out seems to be that FM receiver can't hold onto station long and if it does it isn't clear even if the signal is strong. I wonder if the dealership can put an 07 in my 05?:cool

Well, Ive got my 07 and sure enough, Bose hasnt let me down. It STINKS! Time to pull the amp and the speakers.

Well, Ive got my 07 and sure enough, Bose hasnt let me down. It STINKS! Time to pull the amp and the speakers.

You mean the whole system? The CD player doesn't sound good? I know the FM reception is the worst. Though many here say the 2007 is a better sounding system I guess not It makes me wonder is it the very same stereo from 2005? I have the 1SA package no Nav. with single CD player. The speakers on this system doesn't even have the words "BOSE" on them unlike the premium system of 2005.:r :crazy :drink :duh :bar

You folks think the Bose system on the later Corvettes sucks huh...listen to the audio in my Porsche. I've got a 15 year old GE alarm clock box radio that I paid $14.00 for that sounds much better. Its been in my garage for 10+ years and plays great.
Compared to my GT3 audio system my Corvette sounds like you are listening to a live symphony. I kid you not.

Sound System

I don't know what these guys expect. On the count of 3 everybody wine. :cry The Bose system is just fine.:upthumbs

I don't know what these guys expect. On the count of 3 everybody wine. :cry The Bose system is just fine.:upthumbs

I don't know either. I am not expecting concert hall sound in my Z, maybe they are wanting the body rattling bass? In that case one is not listening to music anyway. But, you know what the say. "To each, their own!"

So I agree

1.....2....3.....Whine!

:Twist Which part? The FM receiver is terrible can't hold a strong station and when a strong station does come in it is full of static.:CRASH :r

You folks think the Bose system on the later Corvettes sucks huh...listen to the audio in my Porsche. I've got a 15 year old GE alarm clock box radio that I paid $14.00 for that sounds much better. Its been in my garage for 10+ years and plays great.
Compared to my GT3 audio system my Corvette sounds like you are listening to a live symphony. I kid you not.
Sounds like a Audiovox or Craig brand to me.

FM

I live in a suburb of Chicago and have no trouble at all with my FM tuner. As far as the sound goes you just have to go into the setup and use the controls to adjust the treble, base, whatever, fade,etc. I have the navigation system and the upgrade radio with XM. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I'm completely satisfied with GM's choice for a sound system.:beer

I live in a suburb of Chicago and have no trouble at all with my FM tuner. As far as the sound goes you just have to go into the setup and use the controls to adjust the treble, base, whatever, fade,etc. I have the navigation system and the upgrade radio with XM. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I'm completely satisfied with GM's choice for a sound system.:beer
Dealership has confirmed problem with FM receiver they will have to keep the car for 3 days once I bring it in. Information Going back between dealership and GM for 3 days they just won't put a brand new stereo in.:r

Cats

BTW I don't care for cats ether!:L

Cats

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.:)

I got a price quote from one of the Corvette shops here that do all kinds of service on corvettes and selling them.
It would cost around $1,000 to just upgrade the speakers and amp it also depends on the quality of these items that will affect the price. The factory head unit will stay in at this price range.
They told me it is about 8 hours labor. Does all of this sound legit?

New speakers

It sounds like 4 to 5 hundred too much. Just go to a good stereo equipment installer and have it done there.

Inatallers

Well where I live there is a place called Abt that installs for Porche, Ferrari, corvette, etc. they have a 6 car work area and there are usually very expensive cars there being worked on I've seen G3's completely gutted for sound sys. installations. I had my STi worked on there as it didn't come with a radio at the time of purchase. They completely cover the car areas that they work on with plastic and do excellent work, sub woffers, etc. I don't recommend places like Best Buy, etc. I don't know any in CA but I'm sure they exist. just ask around. By the way, when I purchased the head unit for my STi it came with a life-time subscription to Sirius Satalite radio for $350.00.:)

Well where I live there is a place called Abt that installs for Porche, Ferrari, corvette, etc. they have a 6 car work area and there are usually very expensive cars there being worked on I've seen G3's completely gutted for sound sys. installations. I had my STi worked on there as it didn't come with a radio at the time of purchase. They completely cover the car areas that they work on with plastic and do excellent work, sub woffers, etc. I don't recommend places like Best Buy, etc. I don't know any in CA but I'm sure they exist. just ask around. By the way, when I purchased the head unit for my STi it came with a life-time subscription to Sirius Satalite radio for $350.00.:)
I'm thinking if you stay in the range of $1,000 dollar budget to improve the factory stereo system. I don't want to spend thousands and thousands like some people do. Factory head unit is fine but the FM reception is what bugs me if there was some way to improve this FM reception that would be great. For what some of people have spent on high end systems I could get better enjoyment by easily getting another HDTV and stay home which is a better ideal environment for picture and sound then I can avoid the traffic jams congestion and crazies that want to crash into me.:Twist :m :J :blue:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom