Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speed Servo gear

Paddywhack

Corvette
1986 Dark red coupe
The fun just keeps piling on this weekend. Figured I could still change the speed sensor in the 4+3 since the speedometer hasnt worked since I owned the vehicle. Got the old sensor out and fournd out why it didnt work...there is no gear on the shaft! Is this gear available anywhere?
Thanks

Better auto trans shop or a GM dealer
Same as T700 /4L60 auto gear

If you have stock 3.07 rear then you need the green 42 tooth driven gear.
GM Part # was 25513049.
Make sure the red gear that drives it is on the output shaft as well

I THINK its the stock rear end...but nothing surprises me lately...how can I be sure?

You should also have a SES light since there is no speed input to the ECM. This will cause poor performance and drivability.

I THINK its the stock rear end...but nothing surprises me lately...how can I be sure?

Positive identification would require removing the batwing to see the markings on the ring gear, however, if you suspect the car has been modified the easiest way to determine the rear axle ratio is to jack up the car and safely support so both rear wheels are off the ground, mark a line on the front yoke and differential pumpkin with chalk, place the transmission in neutral then rotate the rear wheels until the driveshaft makes one complete revolution while counting the number of wheel or halfshaft revolutions needed to do so.
A close approximation corresponding to the available ratios would be 2 1/2 turns = 2.59, 3 turns = 3.07, 3 1/2 = 3.45 etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom