Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

speedo display blinks out

C

CLABORN1960

Okay any help would be appreciated.... Driving home tonight the digital display blinked out.... It blinked on again when I would hit a bump. Can anyone tell me where the connectors are located? I am thinking something has shaken loose and needs to be reconnected. Any help, would be greatly appreciated.....

Hello!!
I had the same problem with my87 and it seems to be the connections to the digital cluster. It is located on the right side on the cluster. You have to take the whole instument panel apart and clean the connections. otherwise it is an groundcable located under the car to the engine end gearbox but I dont think that qoz then you would like to have a lots of funny things happend..I hope this will be at any help.....

Blinking display check this

I am having the same problem. There is a wire group that passes by the battery tray into the dashboard. The battery tray is sharp and sometimes rubs these wires raw. Read this someplace. I'll be checking this out soon.

on your 93 the blinking display is probably a loose connection between the CCM (Central Control Module) and the Dash.

That LCD panel is controlled by the CCM, all the lines to it are fed by the CCM.. I would check the Dash Cluster connector which is on the lower loeft of the cluster (Basically) behind the tach near the mark for 0 on the Tach.
if it is blinking while sitting there or you are driving, try to push against the cluster near that point and see if it clears up..

Thanks for the responses..... Someone on another vette forum said the same thing as Jeff and I did push that area of the instrument cluster which cleared it up temporarily. I will try to get to it to make the connection more permanent this weekend.......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom