Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedo says 0, Cruise inoperative & Have SYS blinking light.

Greg Albers

Corvette
1990 Coup Blk/Blk
Speedo says 0, Cruise inoperative & Have SYS blinking light. Just had dash apart to replace heater core. Had all this when got it back together. Service manual says circuit 817 problem. Help cant find solution.

You're going to have to go back into the dash to see what's not plugged in or getting proper contact. Not sure about your 90 but everything you mentioned that is wrong goes through the digital dash on my 85.

Dash woes

Thanks. I have already removed the cover in the passinger footwell and can't wind anything loose or disconnected. Guess I will unplug all the connections and reconnect them to see if any are not making connection. any other suggestions? Would a code reader help in this?

You're problem lies in what you just had apart, I'm afraid backtracking might be the only way to find it. I would put a code reader on it to see what codes are stored. Check for blown fuses. Clean all connections with contact cleaner before re-assembly. I'm not much good in the electrical dept. sorry I can't give you more.

Fixed

Well I found it. There are two wireing connectors in the area under the glove box that are the same and can be switched and they were. I found it by looking at the pinout on each connector. Connected the correct ones and end of problems. I can't believe it did not do any damage.

Glad you got it fixed with no other problems. Have a cool one!!

RWW

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom