Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Speedometer Drive Gear

jvclark

Corvette
Has anyone had any experience with Speedometer drive gears, I install a rebuilt jasper tranny and did not know to take the drive gear from my old tanny and install it in the new one, now I'm having to sort thru several gears to find the correct one, My vette Is a 79 with a 3:55 rear end with 225-75- 15 tires and 350 engine. anyone know of the correct gear size i should use so my speedometer would show near the correct speed I,m going.

Has anyone had any experience with Speedometer drive gears, I install a rebuilt jasper tranny and did not know to take the drive gear from my old tanny and install it in the new one, now I'm having to sort thru several gears to find the correct one, My vette Is a 79 with a 3:55 rear end with 225-75- 15 tires and 350 engine. anyone know of the correct gear size i should use so my speedometer would show near the correct speed I,m going.
You say you didn't take the drive gear, did you take the driven gear out? If so how many teeth are on it?

You say you didn't take the drive gear, did you take the driven gear out? If so how many teeth are on it?

Yes I did take the driven gear out and put in new tranny but did not count the teeth--will do that this weekend.........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom