Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedometer not working

Ddd

Corvette
2015 lt2 stingray
I have a 2015 stingray, had a beautiful day here in Montana, so went for drive.
when started vette the speedometer, gas & temp gauge all stay at bottom.
I pulled over shut car off, restarted. The gas & temp both started working and speedometer went all the way to 200 then slowly settled back to around 130. I made a few stops and it still sets in about the middle.. Anybody have ideas, I'm going to dealership Monday unless someone knows how to fix or reset.
Thanks Ddd

Last edited:
I have a 2015 stingray, had a beautiful day here in Montana, so went for drive.
when started vette the speedometer, gas & temp gauge all stay at bottom.
I pulled over shut car off, restarted. The gas & temp both started working and speedometer went all the way to 200 then slowly settled back to around 130. I made a few stops and it still sets in about the middle.. Anybody have ideas, I'm going to dealership Monday unless someone knows how to fix or reset.
Thanks Ddd
When this happened I had about 450 Mls. On car

There seems to be a few issues with the major instrumentation on the 2015s, and very few fixes. I'd bring it to the dealers ASAP to document your issues. If they can't replicate it or otherwise don't fix it, open a case with GM. There are a number of Vettes being bought back because of instrumentation issues without a fix.

My 2015 Z06 is one of the units with a major electronics failure, GM has agreed to buy it back from me. I understand a fix for these issues should be ready now, the fix a software code update...... here's what happened with mine;
the first time I had a problem the dash & gages did not even light up when I started the car. The second time the dash lit up but the gages and speedo did not work at all
the next start up the dash & gages flashed on and off multiple times then stayed off, after another start up the dash & gages lit up, speedo showed going 220 MPH.
As soon as GM has the fix solidified they will be posting a bulletin on this.

I'm sorry you've got this problem, I suspect this will end up being a recall issue

Best Luck, Bruce In Chicago
fQUOTE=catbert;1163206]There seems to be a few issues with the major instrumentation on the 2015s, and very few fixes. I'd bring it to the dealers ASAP to document your issues. If they can't replicate it or otherwise don't fix it, open a case with GM. There are a number of Vettes being bought back because of instrumentation issues without a fix.[/QUOTE]

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

There seems to be a few issues with the major instrumentation on the 2015s, and very few fixes. I'd bring it to the dealers ASAP to document your issues. If they can't replicate it or otherwise don't fix it, open a case with GM. There are a number of Vettes being bought back because of instrumentation issues without a fix.

Thanks, I have talked with dealership. And I'm taking in tomorrow.
I appreciate your feedback.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom