Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

speedometer

stratosjohn

Corvette
1976 coupe & 1987 convertible
I have a 1987 Vette, the speedometer started to sparadicially jump around, speeds go up and down while driving. At times it doesn't register any speed and then all of a sudden it will jump up to 35 drop to 2, up to 50 drop to something else. It seems that the longer you run it the higher it will bounce up to but never works correctly. Can someone give me some suggestions as to what to look for? Is it time to replace the digital dash board (or whatever its called) or is there some sort of connection that could loose (Such as a ground). All the other digital functions such as tach and gauges all seem to be working correctly. Thanks in advance for any help.

Anyone have any ideas on this. I'm lost. Never dealt with a the digital dash. All the other Vettes have been older and had the simple old stuff. Please give me some ideas. Thanks.

Ken
Thanks for the reply. Saw those listed in the catalogs. Hoped it might be something like that but I had no idea. Lot less exspensive and I would assume a lot simpler to install. Thanks again, John

Where can I get a signal processor at. Looked at a bunch of Corvette catalogs and don't see them listed. Found one listed in Ecklers but it was for a six speed. I have a 4+3.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom