Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

speedometer

stratosjohn

Corvette
1976 coupe & 1987 convertible
A while back I asked a question concerning the speedometer in my 1987 Vette.(4+3 Transmission) It would bounce between say 0 and 35, 15-55 etc. Most of the replys I got stated they felt it was the speed sensor located on the transmission rather than a problem with the digital dash. Been rebuilding another car and really never got around to repairing the speedometer. Took the car out the other day, now the tach shows 0 rpms (was working fine before) and the speedometer reads very high numbers. Need an option, do you think its still the sensor or did the digital dash go? Thanks for any help or opinions on this.
John

It's possible that the dash has gone south but look at the upside. You're getting great mileage now. ;)

Seriously, if it's the processor, that's one of the more inexpensive (?) fixes with the dash but I think it'll probably turn out to be a ground problem.

Definetly looks like I'm getting great mileage. The estimated guage shows high numbers, running 95 mph and turning 0 rpm's. Thanks for the input, hopefully it's a ground issue and hopefully I can find the problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom