Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedster

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Any of you Callaway folks have one of THESE? Go to the bottom photo. Sorry, loads slow.

Tom

There were only 10 of the L98 based TT Speedsters ever made and they sold for $150K+. In fact the tenth car was only finished in the last couple of years. It was a wedding gift from Reeves Callaway to his new wife.

I don't have one but do think I have the next best thing... a TT Aerobody Roadster. It may even be better since I have a soft top that can be put up in case of rain. And the price was far more reasonable!

2974_photo.jpg

Hey Tom! I have one.....on a BF Goodrich banner:D!

I saw a white one at Carlisle in the auction tent year before last - very cool:upthumbs.

- Eric

Over the weekend, I spoke w/ a fella who owns one of them :). Also , I have a book that indicates who (in 98) owned each Speedster including the 2 SuperSpeedsters...
Very nice cars indeed but only one of the 12 has a "roof"...
enjoy! *89x2*

This was definitely the brightest green I have ever seen on the inside of any car. So wild you had to like it.

Tom

I have had the pleasure of sitting in 2. A yellow one which was at Corvette Mike when I bought my 91 TT Aerobody Roadster and which is pictured on my website at http://www.corvetteforum.net/c4/luigi as well as a silver one (maybe the one in the picture that was posted). I took pictures of it as well and can post them if anyone is interested. The nicest thing about the silver one is that the spare tire had been removed and the rearend and alluminum structure polished.

I love the speedsters but they are not practical (in Miami) because of the rains. I still would love to own one.

BTW, There is a supposed collector in Bay Harbor that owns a vette from every year made plus a Callaway TT and a Speedster. I'd love to see that collection (he could start the southern branch of the National Corvette Museum).

Luigi

TurboLuigi said:
... as well as a silver one (maybe the one in the picture that was posted).

Luigi

Luigi, that's my car posted above if that's what you mean. BTW- I now have a hardtop on it so it looks just like yours except for color!

90Callaway,

When I looked at the thread the other day I did not look at the picture carefully since the topic was Speedsters and I have been in one with that same color.

When I get home tomorrow night I will post some pics of the 2 Speedsters.. One Pearl Yellow and One Silver... both with the Blue Interiors.

Luigi

Sorry for so many posts but this board can only accept 65KB per attachment so you see many individual posts....

I read in a mag somewhere, I think it was Vette...that Yellow Speedster is probably THE most media photographed car that has ever been!!! I'll see if I can dig up the issue at my house.

Good stuff indeed! I like to think of the Silver Speedster as the impractical version of my car. :L

I almost did it in the Yellow Speedster color but the painter talked me out of it. That is a three stage pearl coat that would be impossible to match if damaged.

I am waiting for my next project car to be done in that Pearl Yellow. I think it is the sexiest color if have seen in person and believe me if you think it looks good in pictures it is a hundred times better in person.

A pearl candy capple red would be great too..

Now all I need is the time and a car to get going :)

Luigi

PS Yes, Speedsters are impractical versions or Aerobody Roadsters

PSS The price differential is way too much considering that the Roadster in convertible form looks so close to the speedster and performancewise I have the same specs... just different exhaust

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom