Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spent the weekend...

*89x2*

Driving the Callaway :lou

What a BLAST!!!!! :cool While I had not had a spare weekend in months, this weekend was different - Taking the car out last night, the air was great, the roads were twisty - prime for a Twin Turbo :lou

My only regret last night, was I had nobody to hold the video cam so the short film I did, looked terrible...

This morning, a local Corvette buddy offered to by Sunday brunch to ANYONE who showed up by 11am in a Corvette - While it rained like crazy last night, by 10am, the roads were drying :cool

Showing up at 10:55, the brunch was awesome! Afterwards, another Corvette friend asked to go for a ride in the car. Taking my own version of the loop, I hit a red light - leaving the light, two C6's went by - one sounding NASTY, the other - not. Accelerating once the light changed and going through two gears, recognizing I had better let off - the angel on my shoulder said so ;)

Rounding the exit ramp, I hit another light. Leaving off that light, I powered through three gears, having to back off at about 3/4's throttle, as the tires would quickly prove useless :ugh

What a fun car :upthumbs

T

TurboLuigi

Sounds like a blast ;)... Which one were you out on, Red or Black?

-Luigi
:cool

T

TurboLuigi

Sounds like a BLAST!... ;)

I'm glad you are driving it more often... They need to be driven :D

I just got back from 2 weeks away so I had lots around the house to catch up on otherwise I would have gone out for a Twin Turbo drive myself. Definitely next weekend.

-Luigi

*89x2*

Sounds like a blast ;)... Which one were you out on, Red or Black?

I took the flamethrower out - Funny thing about that car - A BMW was on my tail - so bad, I could not even see the headlights... We hit the twisty hills on the way home and on a long stretch, I purposely slowed down after letting the car "load up" on gas and whaddayaknow, they stayed back from then on - wayyyyyyy back.... :lou

T

TurboLuigi

Did you light up the flame throwers?

:D

What a sight to see!

-Luigi

Brangeta

I took the flamethrower out - Funny thing about that car - A BMW was on my tail - so bad, I could not even see the headlights... We hit the twisty hills on the way home and on a long stretch, I purposely slowed down after letting the car "load up" on gas and whaddayaknow, they stayed back from then on - wayyyyyyy back.... :lou

Haha, while driving the Z28 one day, a minivan got really really close to my back bumper at a stoplight. They kept inching up everytime I inched up and it was really annoying me... So I let them have it. Conveniently, there was sand underneath my car on the road, and after just a simple peel-out from the stoplight, the minivan needed to visit a car wash :_rock

I guess that doesn't compare to backfiring and shooting flames out, but nearly as good. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom