Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spent the weekend...

*89x2*

Driving the Callaway :lou

What a BLAST!!!!! :cool While I had not had a spare weekend in months, this weekend was different - Taking the car out last night, the air was great, the roads were twisty - prime for a Twin Turbo :lou

My only regret last night, was I had nobody to hold the video cam so the short film I did, looked terrible...

This morning, a local Corvette buddy offered to by Sunday brunch to ANYONE who showed up by 11am in a Corvette - While it rained like crazy last night, by 10am, the roads were drying :cool

Showing up at 10:55, the brunch was awesome! Afterwards, another Corvette friend asked to go for a ride in the car. Taking my own version of the loop, I hit a red light - leaving the light, two C6's went by - one sounding NASTY, the other - not. Accelerating once the light changed and going through two gears, recognizing I had better let off - the angel on my shoulder said so ;)

Rounding the exit ramp, I hit another light. Leaving off that light, I powered through three gears, having to back off at about 3/4's throttle, as the tires would quickly prove useless :ugh

What a fun car :upthumbs

Sounds like a blast ;)... Which one were you out on, Red or Black?

-Luigi
:cool

Sounds like a BLAST!... ;)

I'm glad you are driving it more often... They need to be driven :D

I just got back from 2 weeks away so I had lots around the house to catch up on otherwise I would have gone out for a Twin Turbo drive myself. Definitely next weekend.

-Luigi

Sounds like a blast ;)... Which one were you out on, Red or Black?

I took the flamethrower out - Funny thing about that car - A BMW was on my tail - so bad, I could not even see the headlights... We hit the twisty hills on the way home and on a long stretch, I purposely slowed down after letting the car "load up" on gas and whaddayaknow, they stayed back from then on - wayyyyyyy back.... :lou

Did you light up the flame throwers?

:D

What a sight to see!

-Luigi

I took the flamethrower out - Funny thing about that car - A BMW was on my tail - so bad, I could not even see the headlights... We hit the twisty hills on the way home and on a long stretch, I purposely slowed down after letting the car "load up" on gas and whaddayaknow, they stayed back from then on - wayyyyyyy back.... :lou

Haha, while driving the Z28 one day, a minivan got really really close to my back bumper at a stoplight. They kept inching up everytime I inched up and it was really annoying me... So I let them have it. Conveniently, there was sand underneath my car on the road, and after just a simple peel-out from the stoplight, the minivan needed to visit a car wash :_rock

I guess that doesn't compare to backfiring and shooting flames out, but nearly as good. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom