Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sports Car or Muscle Car

Sports Car or Muscle Car?

• Total voters
I guess it depends on what kind of Shark you have.A BB chrome bumper Shark is closer to a muscle car IMO.An LT-1 is a true all around sports car.That car can handle and accelerate with most BB.
Overall my vote would be sports car.

MY02-Z06 said:
I guess it depends on what kind of Shark you have.A BB chrome bumper Shark is closer to a muscle car IMO.An LT-1 is a true all around sports car.That car can handle and accelerate with most BB.
Funny, mine "feels" more like a muscle car than a sports car. I'm told they handle better than BB's (LT-1's), but I've never driven a BB.

-John

JJS said:
Funny, mine "feels" more like a muscle car than a sports car. I'm told they handle better than BB's (LT-1's), but I've never driven a BB.

-John
There was an article back in 1970 where the LT-1 Corvette went toe to toe with a Porcshe 911.No surprise the Corvette out accelerated the 911.The real surprise was that the C and D staff though the LT1 was faster than the 911 in the corners.Compared to today`s advanced cars the Lt-1 may feel rough but back at that time it was deemed the "best of all possible Corvettes".

MY02-Z06 said:
There was an article back in 1970 where the LT-1 Corvette went toe to toe with a Porcshe 911.No surprise the Corvette out accelerated the 911.The real surprise was that the C and D staff though the LT1 was faster than the 911 in the corners.Compared to today`s advanced cars the Lt-1 may feel rough but back at that time it was deemed the "best of all possible Corvettes".

I've heard of that article!

Everything being relative, until Wednesday I thought my 71 coupe was a sports car. I just bought a low mileage '91 ZR1. which is definately a sports car and it makes the bumper shark feel very much the muscle car.

muscle car makes me think of fast in a straight line but not much else driving wise. vettes got the power and love the twisties. pin it straight or pin it in the corners

arcticvette said:
muscle car makes me think of fast in a straight line but not much else driving wise. vettes got the power and love the twisties. pin it straight or pin it in the corners

You got that right :upthumbs

Flared69 said:
there is nothing like a car that sounds good, and looks *mean*. I

http://
http://

here's a video of us, I was having fuel related problems, after inspection, I had no fuel in my secondaries. I thought I adjusted the float level correct, but instead I shut the fuel supply of to my secondaries, so what you see is me playing with the throttle not to go past half throttle or the engine would cut out.. by fun to watch, these are my sons car ages 19 and 18
http://www.zippyvideos.com/3318048361385546/mov02197/*madvette74

Started out as the first true sports car and will always be a sports car or classic, whichever you guys prefer. :upthumbs

The best of both really. Big blocks are muscle, the sb (especially the c6) is simply the best value in a sports car. You can pay more but you won't get more.

The hobbyist purist definition of a muscle car is an intermediate with a large motor, upgraded suspension, aggressive looks, etc. Think Pontiac GTO, Plymouth GTX, etc. Camaros, Mustangs, Cudas all fall into the ponycar category regardless of engine size. All Corvettes are considered sports cars regardless of engine size. This is the hobbyist literal definition as I understand it, not my opinion.................

I have to vote sports car. It looks good, could pass a Sunday driver when needed to and had a set for you and your girl only !

Ride with the windows down and the radio up !

This thread has quite a history! I voted sports car, since the arbitrary definition includes that it's a two seater, but it has things in common with muscle cars, and family sedans and trucks (engines, and trans).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom