Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spy shots confirm Chevrolet C7 Corvette to retain front-engine layout

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
It IS a C6 but, with C7 in the early development stage, it's a C6 which has been fitted with the 5.5L DI, VVT, AFM V8; an obviously revised exhaust and the C7 suspension parts (note the more narrow front and rear track widths).

At this point in the development process it makes perfect sense to fit C7 suspension and powertrain parts to a C6 and use that "test mule" for the type of development they are doing now.

My guess is it'll be another 6-12 months before we see any "spy shots" showing a recognizable C7 exterior.

If they are planning a split window edition - wouldn't you think they would try to get it out for 2013 as a 50th tribute? :w

• Admin
If they are planning a split window edition - wouldn't you think they would try to get it out for 2013 as a 50th tribute? :w
Why would they do a 50th tribute in 2013?

2013 - 1963 = 50

To commerate the 1963 Corvette. :w

Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail at Design Staff and they'll put that ugly-assed, split-window thing from Transformers 3 in some museum in some far away place no one visits then give the C7 an exterior that looks good.

It'll be your last chance to buy a 427, naturally aspirated American muscle beast. 427 Vettes are iconic, and will be gone forever in 2013.

I suspect that, while the C7 will have good performance, the days of 505hp or 638 hp Corvettes are gone...gone with the new CAFE requirements.
If not "gone," then verrrrrrrry limited!
Just think of all the econoboxes they'll have to sell to offset the "guzzler" cars...

If not "gone," then verrrrrrrry limited!
Just think of all the econoboxes they'll have to sell to offset the "guzzler" cars...

I'll do my "part". As soon as Chevrolet makes that Sonic available with a performance suspension, wide tires/wheels and an uplevel engine, I'll buy one.

Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail at Design Staff and they'll put that ugly-assed, split-window thing from Transformers 3 in some museum in some far away place no one visits then give the C7 an exterior that looks good.

That "ugly assed split window" would be an option I imagine and you may or may not recall it is a classic. I suggest your opinions are like butt holes, we all have one. By the way I love the split window design.

darkstar

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom