Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: stability control

jfp1

Corvette
2006 black C6 coupe, previously magnetic red 2004
Wonder how drivers have recognized that stability control activates to counteract bad things happening. I have been doing some experimenting during the rains we have been having by getting on the gas and observing the reaction of the car-seems that there is no active correction of the vehicle when rear wheels lose it and headed in the wrong direction. of course i am doing this in situation where there is plenty of clearance to recover on my own. just like input on what to expect.

Wonder how drivers have recognized that stability control activates to counteract bad things happening. I have been doing some experimenting during the rains we have been having by getting on the gas and observing the reaction of the car-seems that there is no active correction of the vehicle when rear wheels lose it and headed in the wrong direction. of course i am doing this in situation where there is plenty of clearance to recover on my own. just like input on what to expect.

Active handling/stability control, or torque vectoring (which is very different than stability/active handling) is wholly dependent on perfect/good traction from the tires to tarmac. If the tires have no grip, ABS and traction control, active/stability control, and torque vectoring are not able to perform their functions. The lights will flash on the dash telling you the computers are trying to gain control (help the cornering speed with torque vectoring) of the vehicle, but without tire traction it will all be in vain.....:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom