Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stahlbus oil drain valves now available from Reverse Logic

Fred@ReverseLogic

Stahlbus oil drain valves are installed in place of conventional oil drain plugs. Once installed the valves simplify the procedure for changing oil in your car. The quick disconnect drain hose connector snaps into place opening the valve to drain the oil. When the drain hose connector is removed the valve automatically closes. Each Stahlbus oil drain valve includes a high-strength steel valve body, copper sealing washer, anodized aluminum safety cap, quick disconnect hose connector, 40 cm Silicone drain hose, and instructions.

Unlike competitive oil drain valves, Stahlbus oil drain valves do not have a lever-operated ball valve. The valve is opened when a quick disconnect hose connector is attached to the valve. The absence of a lever allows for a much smaller valve design compared to competing products. The Stahlbus drain valve is just slightly larger than the standard oil drain plug. The smaller symmetrical shape of the Stahlbus valve allows it to be installed without an additional adapter frequently required by the more bulky lever-operated valves.

Corvettes require the M12x1.75 thread size.

Stahlbus Oil Drain Valves - How it works

Reverse Logic Limited Store - Oil Drain Valves

oil_drain_valve.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a nice piece except for one thing: from the picture provided it seems like the valve sticks pretty far inside the oil pan which would not allow all of the contaminated oil to be drained like the OEM plug will, since when the OEM plug is removed the oil pan drain area has no restrictions.

The picture is a little confusing. It it may appear like the threaded end is where the cap goes. But as pictured, the quick disconnect hose connector is attached where the cap would be in normal driving mode. The threaded end is not very long. It will definitely not interfere with draining oil from a side mounted drain plug hole. The "how it works" animated gif at the link above provides a clearer picture of what the valve looks like installed.

It looks like a nice piece except for one thing: from the picture provided it seems like the valve sticks pretty far inside the oil pan which would not allow all of the contaminated oil to be drained like the OEM plug will, since when the OEM plug is removed the oil pan drain area has no restrictions.

The picture is a little confusing. It it may appear like the threaded end is where the cap goes. But as pictured, the quick disconnect hose connector is attached where the cap would be in normal driving mode. The threaded end is not very long. It will definitely not interfere with draining oil from a side mounted drain plug hole. The "how it works" animated gif at the link above provides a clearer picture of what the valve looks like installed.

I didn't look at that picture until now, but when I did the picture and the "how it works" shows two different views. The actual picture of the device shows a knurled end, some threaded stock, and a micro filter at the end, which resides in the oil pan assembly which would limit the amount of oil that can be drained because of the protrusion. The "how it works" animated picture does indeed show the fitting being flush with the inside of the oil pan and would completely drain as much of the old oil out as possible. Which one is the actual case? The unit looks like a quality piece and would make for a much cleaner oil drain, but I want all of my old oil that that gravity will allow.

There is no filter. The drawing in the animated gif is correct. The photo is of the actual valve and is also "correct". The end with the hose attached is the external end. The inside is the end with the copper washer.

I didn't look at that picture until now, but when I did the picture and the "how it works" shows two different views. The actual picture of the device shows a knurled end, some threaded stock, and a micro filter at the end, which resides in the oil pan assembly which would limit the amount of oil that can be drained because of the protrusion. The "how it works" animated picture does indeed show the fitting being flush with the inside of the oil pan and would completely drain as much of the old oil out as possible. Which one is the actual case? The unit looks like a quality piece and would make for a much cleaner oil drain, but I want all of my old oil that that gravity will allow.

There is no filter. The drawing in the animated gif is correct. The photo is of the actual valve and is also "correct". The end with the hose attached is the external end. The inside is the end with the copper washer.

Ok, I was looking at it backwards, excellent. From the "cleaner" aspect of the oil drain to the quality looking external aluminum cover cap (for debris and any possible leaking) this a good looking product.

Photos of M12x1.75 Stahlbus oil drain valve

Here are a couple of photos of the M12x1.75 drain valve. These pics should help clarify which end gets threaded into the oil pan. The way the safety cap is positioned in the photo in Post #1 above makes it look like the cap should be screwed onto the end that threads into the oil pan.

M12x1.75+cap.jpgM12x1.75_components.jpg

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom