Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990-1995 ZR-1 Secondary Port Vacuum Diagnosis

ZR1 Vacuum problem

The Secondary Port Throttle Control Solenoid is not working on my 1990 ZR1 and is no longer available. The dealer can only get one that looks similar part # 1997201. The connections are slightly different.
Anyone know if this part will work.
Thanks

The Secondary Port Throttle Control Solenoid is not working on my 1990 ZR1 and is no longer available. The dealer can only get one that looks similar part # 1997201. The connections are slightly different.
Anyone know if this part will work.
Thanks

Good question! BUMP!

If this is the vacuum solenoid from a Suburban or Escalade. the answer is yes. This topic was
recently addressed at the ZR-1 registry. the bracket is different but can be modified to work.

Use the truck part because all you need do is adapt the different bracket to the LT5. With the other choice, it sounds like you have to change the wiring and connections which may decrease reliability/durability.

Anyone have the PN for the truck solenoid?

Nice post, I am a new member here. I bought a 1990 ZR-1 about 2 months ago and am in the process of reconditioning everything and the list is long. I am getting ready to tackle the fuel injectors and am going to have to check everything else while I'm under the plenum. I have drag raced all my life and built many engines but this LT5 is a different beast, I'm a little intimidated by all the components under there. I have my shop manuals and am gathering everything in need now. Thanks for posting, greatly appreciated. 👍👍

Is it possible to have the original post pictures restored? I think the link is broken as they dont seem to show up for me. Thanks
Fixed. Thank you for pointing this out to me!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom