Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stalled at 50MPH??

Incidently, according to my shop manual, low oil pressure is considered 4 PSI or less. I believe that's what caused the stalling I was experiencing at the strip last month. Not long after that episode, I took a hard turn and the oil light went on showing *0* PSI. Was about 2 quarts low! Darned valve cover gaskets!
[RICHR]

Quote:
Originally posted by Zora1
I can understand were you're coming from as I'm having a similar problem on my 84', though my miss only lasts for a few seconds. If you do find the problem, please email me, and I will do the same! I'm getting ready to replace my ECM, and just ordered a rebuilt unit from the dealer.

Quote:
pretty expensive guess !!!!

hint: try monitoring fuel pressure

Not that expensive. $118 bucks from the GM dealer for a reman unit. However, at $68 per hour for diagnostic work at the dealer, the $118 dosen't sound that bad. I received the recommendation from a well-known vette shop in Georgia (Gene Tucker) and have not received any better ideas.

Zora1 said:
Quote:
pretty expensive guess !!!!

hint: try monitoring fuel pressure

Not that expensive. $118 bucks from the GM dealer for a reman unit. However, at $68 per hour for diagnostic work at the dealer, the $118 dosen't sound that bad. I received the recommendation from a well-known vette shop in Georgia (Gene Tucker) and have not received any better ideas. [/B]

well its $118 down the drain verses $118 for diagnosis and a direction to follow

I have to work hard for $118 and I am careful how I spend it.

Well at least you now have a spare!!!

So is the car still dying @ random???

Enquiring minds want to know

Vig!

I just replaced the fuel pump (and filter) on my van. The tempurature was ~101 degrees.

It would be driving fine.... then it would 'stall'. After a cooling period I could drive for a while.... then it would 'stall'. Annoying!

Anyway, all fixed! Hope you find your problem!

hmm,, i don't think its gas

i was driving down the road about 50 mph

and all the sundden the eletricity went out thorugh out my whole car "c4" the engine stop firing, 'i didn't think this was possiable' then 30 seconds later they started firing again,, this is when my alt blew, then i was running off my battery,, going home

anyways,

lets talk about fuel, for a second,, im assuming its a c4, it has two fuel rails on both sides, that holds alot of gas, if the pump stop working it would have to stop working for a long period of time like 5 mintues before u use up the gas enough to make the car completly stall out,,

so this is what im thinking,,,, do you have any codes?,, a bad egr valve will make a call stall, but I think it makes it stall when your at an idle ,,, maybe you have a spark problem,, icm or someting, icm's can go out several ways

Re: hmm,, i don't think its gas

Shadowing1985v said:
ilets talk about fuel, for a second,, im assuming its a c4, it has two fuel rails on both sides, that holds alot of gas, if the pump stop working it would have to stop working for a long period of time like 5 mintues before u use up the gas enough to make the car completly stall out,,

incorrect theory about this fuel injection system

let's guess at something else now..........

Oil pressure wire?

The fuel pump relay needs to 'know' that there is oil pressure. The sending unit (and wire) is between the wiper motor and the distributor.

I had similar symptoms on my '71 LS-6, which was a clogged fuel filter.

Re: Oil pressure wire?

WhalePirot said:
The fuel pump relay needs to 'know' that there is oil pressure. The sending unit (and wire) is between the wiper motor and the distributor.

I had similar symptoms on my '71 LS-6, which was a clogged fuel filter.

Good suggestion and doesn't involve buying a part to try.

However the first suspect is the relay. Monitoring for correct voltage is important.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom