Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! start.no start??

are you talking about all the shiny black gunk lerking behind the throttle body in the intake because i got that

DUH!!! sorry forgot what i was writing and got a head of my self.i meant i swapped out the whole distributer,lots of corrosion ,and by the time you add up all the componts it cheaper to replace..car runs and idles great now......srry getting sleepy

I had the same symptoms

I had what exactly sounds like the same symptoms as you. Would not start on warm days, but if I let it sit for 10-15 minutes after initially trying to start it, it would start fine and start o.k until the next day. It would start fine spraying a little starter fluid in the throttle body, which initially led me to believe a fuel delivery problem. I went thru all the trouble shooting as outllined in your previous responses, verified spark, checked resistance in each injector, fuel pressure and leak-down rate, changed fuel filter and strainer on the fuel pump, pulled fuel pump and checked for any cracks/leaks, tried new gas cap and verfied settings of the TPS (cleaned out the throttle body while I had it apart). I thought for sure it was the TPS sensing a flooded condition but I also could not eliminate the ECM as the culprit. It ended up being the ECM. I'm not saying yours is the culprit, but from what I read you have the same symptoms as I had. I suggest you go through the list above if not done already, and eliminate as many possible causes as possible and narrow it down to potentially one or two. I ended up getting my ECM through a local dealer and it was a Delco remanufactured unit. Right after that, I checked Zip products and they had remanufactured ECM's at a very, very reasonable price.

hey ronnie..sounds you had fun too .i think he said he already swapped out the ecm....

still didn't get time to test everything when i do i will let you know what i found

did you check to see if the ECM was putting out any trouble codes? you did'nt mention that. you could have a faulty EGR valve, if it remains open it will create a hard start or no start situation, you will have spark, fuel pressure but the intake manifold will have this vacuum leak from the EGR being open and not start
Tom

can my injectors be causing this problem,here is what i got. tested cold.1-16,2-16,3-10,4-8,5-5,6-16,7-9,8-16//tested hot(will not start).1-16,2-16,3-10,4-8,5-5,6-16,7-7,8-10 i know i need new injectors but can it be causing my problem if 2 of them drop off a little more when hot.funny thing is it still run with only a little miss and no rise in temp i stay around 160.

are we talking about the resistnce ?i think they should all be about 15 ohms.

holy s**t we just put in injectors from fic what a change,it is like a new car,and so far it starts hot, to jon a fic thanks, great service,to B.XXX i would like to say thanks for helping me but i can't because i helped you.so thanks for coming over and bringing tools and letting me help you,great job

I think I read on a thread here that a shorted injector can cause the ECM to shut down a whole bank of injectors. Each bank is wired in parallel.If that is true than if you had one on each side short when hot you would have a no start.

Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom