Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

starting '69 restore

M

meieeeer

Just bought a '69 w/ t-tops to restore. Suggested on-line place for electrical specs regarding: plugs points, etc...? (what service manual is the most complete- does it need to be Corvette's or are the aftermarket ones ok?) Have a green/green, going to repaint the ext blue, need to know where to get info about painting or dyeing the interior dash & trim parts? Need parking brake cable assembly, suggested source? Need mufflers to fit into factory side exhaust - source? Thanks......

Hey Meieeeer, Take your time. My suggestion, get all the manuals aftermarket, and chevy. Make sure you know what parts youneed and if you research a little, you can get the best price on parts from the many online and snail mail catologues. The catologues you get are alot more complete withwhat parts are available. Dr rebuild on line has alot of correct items resonably priced I think. Take your time, don't get burned. Never assume the salesmen know what they're talking about. Make sure you know what they're talking about. (Can you tell I rushed in where I never treaded before.) I've learned alot in the last six months. Rule 1 take your time, Rule 2 learnabout what your doing. Its a blast and the forums are a great place to get info. Welcome!!!

Welcome

Meieeeer welcome to CACC :upthumbs I recommend you hook up with "69myway" on this forum. he as done it all to his 69 and can help you with yours.

Thanks for the tips. If "69myway" is out there, please get in touch, I look forward to talking w/ you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom