Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Starting Problem

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
I have or maybe had a starting problem. sometimes my corvette would start right up and other times all i got was just dash lights, yesterday i took off the side mount battery cable and found corrision on my positive cable, i went to auto zone and bought some post spray cleaner,new bolt, cable foam rust preventer and went home and started cleaning, got everything done, i did notice the old battery cable bolt was kind beat and wouldn't tighten down all the way so that's why i changed that. everything back on and i started the vette, and it started, my neighbors must think i am nuts becaus i am still a little paranoid so i went out several times to crank the vette to see if it would start and it did. hopefully this will solve that.

It is amazing at the amount of stuff i have aquired since i have had my corvette. I think i need a tool box to store my waxes and other stuff just for the corvette, does anyone have a storage or certain kind of box they put all their corvette stuff in? let me know your system.

Shelves

One whole section of the garage shelving is for the 78.
Sil

Starter probs

I had the same problem with my 1979. 1st I changed the starter cause it was orignal equip. the wye exhaust pipe is directly under it so the starter gets very hot. Thats why it will start up easy in the morning. 49.00 bucks at pep boys and its new , not reman. That helped but it still started weak when hot. then I changed the battary to one with the right cca"s . It now starts right up every time. Tip::: with car off, battary voltage shoud read high 12's,-low 13's. It makes a big differance. the old battary was reading 12.23 volts and one cell looked bad. So try that but check the battary first , not like me. LOL.

Yesterday i took the vette out on a little run and got back home, let it sit for 5 minutes and my problem seems to be fixed, next project is to change out the power door lock actuators, always something to do.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom