Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Starting problem

6Speed

I have a 1998 C5 coupe.

1 in every 10 times I try to start the car the accessories go on but the car does not start. I have been told to wait 3 minutes for the "security" to reset. It will start after waiting 3 minutes but not before. I have replaced the batteries in both keys, and the probelm seems to occur with either key. I also tried resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery .

After none of this worked I took it to a major Chevy dealer in my area twice now and they have not been able to fix this. Has anyone come across this problem?

Thank you in advance for any response.

Hi there,
I would recommend extracting codes from the BCM and the PCM.
If there are any security issues with the Passkey system, codes will be set for 50 ignition cycles.
Please let us know what you have, c4c5:hb

Me TOO!!

My 2000 coupe just started doing that a couple of weeks ago. I was about to post when I came across this thread. Mine does EXACTLY the same thing. After several minutes it starts fine. I thought maybe the little diode on the key itself was going bad, but tried my wifes key and got the same results.

I be stumped!:(

Hi there,
Just please remember, that if there is a Passkey issue, that a code will set in the PCM for a fuel enable signal failure.
This will point you to a bad contact in the ignition cylinder, or the dirty contacts on the key.
As for the rest, as I stated earlier, please give us any codes in the PCM, because yes, you both may have a hard start or a no start, but it may be caused by something totally different.
Please keep us posted, besttoyou, c4c5:hb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom