Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Starting Problem

fille9

Corvette
1988 35th Anniversary Edition
When my 88 is cold it starts right up with no problem.. When it is warmed up, it cranks and cranks and I have to pump the gas to get it to start. Usually takes about 5 sec. This is not right.. Any help appreciated.. Thank you

Leaky injectors can cause a hard start when warm. Don't pump the pedal. Holding it down starts a "clear flood" in the ECM.

Thank you for your help and suggestion concerning my starting problem....

Leaky injectors can cause a hard start when warm. Don't pump the pedal. Holding it down starts a "clear flood" in the ECM.

...agreed also........me myself, i have an 88 and it will crank a few seconds if it is hot or cold before it starts....

My 88 does the same thing, did you locate the problem?

My 88 does the same thing, did you locate the problem?

not sure as i have replaced the csv and thermo switch...seems almost the same...will get back and post with results this week.....as soon as i find a link i posted, i will post it here also.......

When my 88 is cold it starts right up with no problem.. When it is warmed up, it cranks and cranks and I have to pump the gas to get it to start. Usually takes about 5 sec. This is not right.. Any help appreciated.. Thank you

When mine did this, I ended up replacing the injectors. Put a fule pressure gauge on and see if the pressure bleeds down right after shutting the car off. If the pressure starts dropping right away fuel is probably leaking through one of more faulty injectors resulting in flooded engine condition.

When mine did this, I ended up replacing the injectors. Put a fule pressure gauge on and see if the pressure bleeds down right after shutting the car off. If the pressure starts dropping right away fuel is probably leaking through one of more faulty injectors resulting in flooded engine condition.

.....would not be the case in my situation..i have done the leak down test and all is fine.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom